A rushed goodbye

Options
TonyaM
TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
edited September 2012 in Day to day

Hi girls in 912,

Let me tell you what happened to me as we were all saying goodbye at BCNA headquarters last Tuesday.Laura asked me if I would speak to a journalist from the Telegraph paper over the phone.She was doing a story for Body and Soul mag about what helped after a breast cancer diagnosis.So I prattled on about the my journey kit and online website- basically plugged BCNA to the hilt! Now I could very well end up on the cutting room floor but just incase,buy the Sunday Telegraph on the 30th Sept. Does this count as my media contact??I did the interview under a bit of duress cos everyone was leaving and saying their goodbyes and heading out for the bus/taxi .Isn't it lucky that us girls can multitask!!

love Tonya xx

Comments

• pat.conchie1
    pat.conchie1 Member Posts: 9
    edited March 2015
    Options

That is so cool! I will also buy the Telegraph 30th Sep issue.  Now you're a celebrity too!

• pat.conchie1
    pat.conchie1 Member Posts: 9
    edited March 2015
    Options

That is so cool! I will also buy the Telegraph 30th Sep issue.  Now you're a celebrity too!

• helen anne
    helen anne Member Posts: 265
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Pat

Just a quick message to say thanks for joining in the group I've started "Fundraising"...I hope we can get more members and get things rolling....especially since I'm having a big fundraiser for the Hospital I was treated at.  Hope you're good....keep smiling!

Luv H

• Pam Von Creytz
    Pam Von Creytz Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Girls, not only did we feature the famous Tonya, in Body & Soul liftout in Adelaide Sunday Mail, but also Heather, what stars!  During my first week home I "manned" a BCNA table at St Andrew's Private Hospital Breast Care Nurses Day. Field of Women Pink Ladies were hard to push in to the dry lawn and equally hard to remove,.next time I'll allow extra half an hour!!  I was asked to model Amoena swimwear, bra and camisole, so fake tanned my body the night before and wore stockings to hold in the 60 yearold flabby legs! I was told that I did a good job, but walked too quickly, that's me, go too fast .I visited Sussan store at Unley, not much stock, and again this week. I bought a lingerie washbag, stocking filler for XMas.    Tomorrow, Local Paper is contacting me re an interview and photo shoot, so have been thinking what I will say, but I guess it depends on what I get asked. I have explained the role of BCNA to lots of people, I am so pleased to hve done the Course, especially to differentiate between all of the Breast Cancer Fund raisers, proud to explain the "resource role". Next week I'm helping with Field of Women Day at Blackwood, they hold a Pampering, Fundraising Day, pleased that i can help now in some way.  

• Pam Von Creytz
    Pam Von Creytz Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Options

Is the Cookery Book going to be sold at Sussan Stores or do we order online? X Pam VC

• helen anne
    helen anne Member Posts: 265
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Pam

Welcome to Room 912!  So glad you could find us and join.

You certainly have been busy!!  Fantastic news about your media work and mini fields.  You go girl!

With regards to the BCNA cookbook I'm not sure how they are selling it but I'll ask for you and get back to.

I'm going to be a bit cheeky here and tell you that I have also finally finished my cookbook, which I wrote with the help of family and friends (who all contributed).  I'm so proud of how it looks - it's turned out better than I thought.  Has over 300 pages in it.

I'm selling it as a fundraiser for the Cancer Ward at the Hospital where I was treated.  I'm selling for $20.00 (it costs me $15.00 to print so $5.00 goes directly to the ward).

Perhaps you might like to consider purchasing this as well as BCNA's.  Their cookbook has celebrity chefs all contributing so it should be fantastic.  I plan to get one myself.

If you do wish to order mine just let me know via return post.

In the meantime I shall find out about the BCNA Cookbook and post a reply for all members of Room 912 to read.

Take care.

Luv H