Training

Options
helen anne
helen anne Member Posts: 265
edited September 2012 in Community news and events

Hi everyone

Thanks for stopping by...I thought I'd write about the fantastic training I've just completed.

Sunday late afternoon (9th) I arrived at the Grand Mercure in Melbourne and checked in.  My room was very nice and I was fortunate to have a corner room with a great view.

Some ladies were going to meet in the bar to say hi to each other, so naturally I to go - just to be social of course....(had nothing to do with meting in a bar!  Not much!!  LOL) so off I trot and finally found a couple of ladies who looked as lost as me and we all said rather tentatively "BCNA??"

After a couple of drinks and the rest of the ladies arriving, I came up with the suggestion that we try Chinatown for a meal. We found a really nice Malaysian restaurant who hurriedly set up some tables upstairs for us and had an awesome meal, still talking and chatting to each trying to get to know each other.  Then some of the ladies came back to my room for a night cap!

That was the beginning of a great couple of days with lots of laughter, talking, eating (and maybe a wee bit of champers to wash it down with!) and some tears. 

In my former working life I used to organise training for Executives and this particular training was of an equal, if not better, standard.  The BCNA staff were lovely and very professional.

I'm very proud and excited at becoming a CLO for BCNA.

Now that I've finished treatment (although it's early days), I find my focus has shifted from trying to beat this disease to spreading the word about the work BCNA does and promoting breast cancer awareness. 

I only hope I do justice to all you ladies out there.

Comments

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Welcome to the CLO clan of BCNA.  BCNA for me has opened so many opportunities in my life and given me so many wonderful lifetime friends.  I love being a CLO  and am very proud to represent BCNA.  You will be such a wonderful Ambassador for BCNA too.  (Yes part of the job description is to have fun - wine included)  Looking forward to meeting you at the Congress.  XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

Welcome to the CLO clan of BCNA.  BCNA for me has opened so many opportunities in my life and given me so many wonderful lifetime friends.  I love being a CLO  and am very proud to represent BCNA.  You will be such a wonderful Ambassador for BCNA too.  (Yes part of the job description is to have fun - wine included)  Looking forward to meeting you at the Congress.  XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

• adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited March 2015
    Options

Congrats on being a CLO , you will be amazing if not a naughty fun one also, if anyone can be a positive person its you .     ADEAN XXX

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Congratulations Helen

On becoming a CLO for BCNA.  I am sure you will be a huge assett to them and I wish you well on your new venture.

Mich xoxo

• helen anne
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Leonie

Hope you are well.

I didn't realise you were a CLO!  How fantastic!  And you're going to the conference....I'm pretty sure I'm going (just a bit of issue regarding money ( lack of )at the moment).

I found the CLO training absolutely fascinating and made some fantastic friends.  I've made a couple of contacts and hope to get going full steam ahead shortly.....

Where are you staying in Sydney?  I'm trying to find out where everyone is staying and then book in to the same place as I want to be able to catch up with everyone personally.

Luv H

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Helen,  Myself and my friend from near where I live,  is another CLO.  We are going to Sydney on Wednesday and having a longer stay until Monday.  Do you live in Sydney??  Hope to see you there. XLeonie

• Tracey_Lou
    Tracey_Lou Member Posts: 23
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Helen,

Quick question.......
    Where do I find out about becoming a CLO??

Thanks
    Tracey xoxo
  • helen anne
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Tracey

Here is the link to the form and information - http://www.bcna.org.au/speak-out#cl

You will need to fill this out and then wait for someone (usually Janelle Woods) to call you and discuss.

I am not sure when the next training is and if there is already someone in your area - that's another consideration, although I think they don't mind having multiple representatives in the same area - but you might need to check that.

Feel free to call me or inbox my email - geminishopgirl@****.au to discuss.

Really looking forward to seeing you next Friday.

Good luck

cheers

Helen