Just diagnosed

Options
2»

Comments

• lanilumps71
    lanilumps71 Member Posts: 66
    edited March 2015
    Options

hiya! my first was a few weeks ago! what a horrible experience that was! didnt know my boob could reach or twist like that! as for the self-pity, you are not alone there! its an emotional rollercoaster ride!! i have found myself many times laughing and crying all at the same time! just try and keep your sense of humour: it will help... and let yourself feel whatever you need too.... its your right and its really okay! xxx

• lanilumps71
    lanilumps71 Member Posts: 66
    edited March 2015
    Options

made a mistake sorry! it was june that i received my diagnosis! my memory has been shocking since this thing happened! hoping its just a result of the stress!

• FranP
    FranP Member Posts: 396
    edited March 2015
    Options

Wow what can i say that hasnt already been said , i am glad you got online as we will all be here to help you and support you, but i am sorry this is the club you had to join, but there is a llight at the end of the tunnel i know some tunnels have a few more bends than others but any time you want a shoulder or have a question or just want to feel sorry for yourself we are here , we have all been there where you are now, and   not a day goes by that we dont remember. love to you and hugs we are all holding your hand girl.

• sandyb
    sandyb Member Posts: 34
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Suzie, will start with a big hug.

I was diagnosied February 2011, I have had 2 lots of surgery, six rounds of chemo and 6 weeks of radiation, now on hormone tablets for the next 5 years and through it all this network has kept me sane, there is always someone on here who can answer any of your questions - even those you think are dumb... found out long ago even my dumb questions someone can anwer.

You have joined a club that none of us really wanted to join but with the support of all that love you and the amazing women on this site you will get through it,

Stay strong and know we are all hear to lean on whenever we are needed.

Love Sandy

• sandyb
    sandyb Member Posts: 34
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Suzie, will start with a big hug.

I was diagnosied February 2011, I have had 2 lots of surgery, six rounds of chemo and 6 weeks of radiation, now on hormone tablets for the next 5 years and through it all this network has kept me sane, there is always someone on here who can answer any of your questions - even those you think are dumb... found out long ago even my dumb questions someone can anwer.

You have joined a club that none of us really wanted to join but with the support of all that love you and the amazing women on this site you will get through it,

Stay strong and know we are all hear to lean on whenever we are needed.

Love Sandy

• suzieq
    suzieq Member Posts: 332
    edited March 2015
    Options

Sandy

Thankyou.  I am already feeling supported.  And I do feel the love.

Suzieq

• suzieq
    edited March 2015
    Options

Why did the surgery take so long?  I thought as soon as you get to see surgeon they whip it out?

Suzieq

• suzieq
    edited March 2015
    Options

I live in the Gosford area.  I saw my GP today who made an appointment with Dr Sharon Laura for tomorrow at 11.45 so I am lucky I guess.  Yesterday my husband and I spent the entire day in bed watching videos, eating junk food and fighting for bed space with the two cats.  This was so good for both of us.  It relaxed me and, most recharged my batteries. Occasionally I would have a little weep and say "I'm not doing this" - of course I am - just evoking sympathetic response!  I have stopped blaming myself and now prepared to fight.  I have just sent my husband off to buy a bottle of nice wine.  We have another video - so the afternoon is taken care of. 

Suzieqxx

• suzieq
    edited March 2015
    Options

Cheryl D - You're Awesome.  Thank you!  Suzieqxxx

• suzieq
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Fran,  Feeling much better today.  Gone through initial shock, anger, self pity and feeling much more stronger and confident today.  I am sure I will feel all those things negative feelings again - but today is a good day.  Don't worry, I can feel the love and I don't know where I would be without this site. 

Suzeqxx

• suzieq
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Tammy

Wow, you really have been through the ringer!  That is one of the things my GP said today.  Won't know anything until all the tests are done and surgery done.   What is inspiring for me is the advances in treatment over the past 10 years.  In that regard I count us all lucky.  Good luck Tammy  - sounds like you are 95% there.

Suzieqxx

• LouiseTurner
    LouiseTurner Member Posts: 1,610
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Get outa town!!! We share the same surgeon (and town). She came highly recommended by health professionals and previous patients and respected for using the latest techniques. I have recovered from her surgery really well and really quickly (albeit too many surgeries, but that's not her fault).

She is pretty straight up, but we got her to have a laugh. I like her professionalism, and I trust her. She has done exactly what she said she would do...no surprises.

I am booked for surgery ths Thursday, but waiting for the MRI result to see if we proceed.

Good luck Tuesday, Louie
  • TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

Ah,a doona day- that sounds like my kinda day!! Funny or romantic dvds and some bubbly - hope you added chocolate. You are lucky to get in so quickly to a surgeon.Hope all goes well tomorrow and you walk out with a plan.Let us know how you get on.

Tonya xx

• suzieq
    edited March 2015
    Options

Well, hello Louise Turner!

I can't believe it!  We are going to have to meet for coffee.  Thank you so much for giving me even more belief in my surgeon.   Good luck! I will be thinking of you on Thursday.  Please keep in touch.

Suzieq