Good News

Gayle Taylor
Gayle Taylor Member Posts: 93
edited May 2012 in Health and wellbeing

Went to Chemo yesterday, 1st dose of Dositaxyl or Taxitore as some say, so glad NOT to have the "Red Devil' crap! Woke up feeling quite drunk tho, and wobbly legs! No Nausea.

My Onoclogist, Dr Scarlett, said my blood count is good, and I only have two more chemo's to go instead of 5! He doesnt want to push it. Off to radio after July, which means i can enjoy xmas!

I began this journey with impending doom! Now I'm happy. I wont be complaicent tho, I'm aware that MAYBE in time, it may return, elswhere, but for now, I'll enjoy things more.

My 'Super' is paying me some $$, so after the build up of bills are cleared, we're taking a holiday up the coast a bit.

Comments

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,835
    edited March 2015

Gayle,it sounds like life has taken a turn for the better.It's great to have a holiday to look forward to.Beware of day 3 to 6 after a Taxotere hit. I felt sooo lousy -they were my "doona" days.Wishing you an easy time with this chemo,

Tonya xx

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015

Live one minute at a time - living in the moment is the best way to be.  Yesterday has gone and tomorrow is still to come so why not enjoy now.  Take it easy as Tonya says it really does happen that way.  Live now but you can look forward to even better things  like holidays. XLeonie

• Gayle Taylor
    Gayle Taylor Member Posts: 93
    edited March 2015

Thanks for the heads up! Ige gotten most of my things-to-do out of the way, so the wekend will be my reclyner and doona and dvd days! I had a PEG injection ( self administer to tummy to keep m bone marrow good) last night, so ill feel like a 90 year old then as well.I'll dose up on panadol etc... Im not taking dexamethasone tho, dont feel i need to, plus that stuff really does my head in! I had one tab on chemo, and ive been a buzz since, I woke at 2am, now its almost 5am! usual stuff after chemo, til about monday. Ive almost completed a diary i started, just as well i bought two the same, i figure by next chemo I'll be starting that one, its amazing how quick it fills up, and ive read over a few pages, I feel lke i'm reading someone elses journal, but its me!! can't believe it! :)