Happy Mothers Day Ladies - I am going to Tassie

Options
Mich x
Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
edited May 2012 in Day to day

I would just like to wish all you lovely ladies a wonderful mothers day for today.

I am feeling rather ordinary, it being day 5 after my 1st cycle of Taxotere BUT my spirits have been so uplifted and I am still feeling soooo blown away.

I have recieved the most beautiful card from my most precious and very special daughter.  It reads

"When I think back over the years and remember all the special things you've done for me I realise that your not only a wonderful mum you're also a unique woman.  You have taught me so much about life and love and giving and those are lessons I will never forget.  You've shown me how to stand on my own in the world, and for that I'll always be grateful.  So many things that have added to my happiness have been gifts from you. Maybe having a mum like you has spoiled me a bit but don't ever think I don't appreciate and love you, because I do..with all my heart.  Linda Lee Elrod.

My daughter has written that she hates what I am going through but is so proud of how strong I have been.  She wouldn't have expected any less from her mummy :-)

I am sure this card can be shared by all the wonderful mums out there who like me are doing it a bit tough, remember we are strong and we have our beautiful family who love us dearly and that will help us get through this.  I am sure your children will be so proud of their mums today and every day just like my beautiful daughter is.  I hope you don't think I am bragging, I just wish to share how proud I am of my child as I believe I am such a lucky mum.

On top of this most beautiful card, (I would have been more than happy just with this) but I am also going to Tassie!!!!!!  My precious hubby and daughter have organised a Getaway to Tassie so I can tick that off my bucket list.  I am still reeling from this and can't beleive it will happen.  I am so excited but also scared as I have to think (not easy to do with chemo brain) and organise and fit it in around my treatment plus hubbies work and so on but let me tell you I will make it work somehow woooo hoooooo.  I going to Tassie yippee.  I can't wait.

Have a great day ladies, I know I will now.

LOL

Mich xo

Comments

• pennyb
    pennyb Member Posts: 176
    edited March 2015
    Options
    What a lovely thing for your daughter to write. The trip to Tassie will help you get through the hard days, having something to look forward to.
    I remember that dreaded taxotere!
    Sending you lots of love Mich
    Love Penny xxx
  • Mich x
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you so much Penny for your lovely wishes, I am a lucky mum and yes it definitely gives me something to look forward to :-)

Mich xo

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

Gosh,my eyes were watering up reading your daughter's words.Those nice words on a card mean so much don't they.Well look at you starting on your bucket list already! A Tassie holiday sounds great.I haven't been there yet so it's going on my bucket list too.Sounds like the Taxotere mack truck may have hit you.I had 3 days of "roadkill"symptoms.Take care,hide under the doona if you have to.

Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

Gosh,my eyes were watering up reading your daughter's words.Those nice words on a card mean so much don't they.Well look at you starting on your bucket list already! A Tassie holiday sounds great.I haven't been there yet so it's going on my bucket list too.Sounds like the Taxotere mack truck may have hit you.I had 3 days of "roadkill"symptoms.Take care,hide under the doona if you have to.

Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

Tonya xx

• Mich x
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you Tonya, I will never look at road kill and Mack Trucks in the same light ever again, you can be sure of that.  It is a shocker, good ol chemo hey!! I am sorry for anyone who has been where I am right now but I know I will come through it as lots of you lovely Pink Ladies have done so and are here to tell me the tale of it which is wonderful.  It has not been the best way to spend Mothers Day but as I said to my sister I can lay around all day and not feel guilty about it which is what a lot of mothers out there would have like to have been doing today but couldn't but then maybe some did :-)

I can't believe my Bucket List has started.  My girlfriend said I will love Tassie as it is all the things I love, country, quaint lil shops, picturesque views, history, old buildings and so much more so I can't wait.  Just got to organise it all now mmm.

Take care, thanks again

Mich xo

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Happy Mothers Day to you.  I must say I shuddered a  bit when you said you were going to Tassie and this is your day 5 of chemo.  I thought hell how is she going to do this?  Taxetore is very hard on your body.  I assume you will do this trip once your chemo is finished - otherwise you must be Superwoman.  I put some "carrots on a string" in the way of special events/holidays to enjoy once my cheo was finished.  You will figure out how your body reacts and recovers to know when to take the holiday.  I loved Tassie and must go back and see more of it.  It is good to have things to look forward to. XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Happy Mothers Day to you.  I must say I shuddered a  bit when you said you were going to Tassie and this is your day 5 of chemo.  I thought hell how is she going to do this?  Taxetore is very hard on your body.  I assume you will do this trip once your chemo is finished - otherwise you must be Superwoman.  I put some "carrots on a string" in the way of special events/holidays to enjoy once my cheo was finished.  You will figure out how your body reacts and recovers to know when to take the holiday.  I loved Tassie and must go back and see more of it.  It is good to have things to look forward to. XLeonie

• Mich x
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hee hee Leonie

No I not doing Tassie at present, that would definitely be Mission Impossible haha.  I am so glad I have it to look forward to in the hopefully not tooo far future though.  That will be the start of my "carrots on a string" for me.

This road kill piece of works sitting typing this is far from any form of superwoman at present and has vowed I don't ever want to be a superwoman again.  I will just tread lightly and manage one day at a time for quite a little while to come I think.

Sit back smell the roses and enjoy life to the full.

Thank you

Mich xo

• Joanne1957
    Joanne1957 Member Posts: 35
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Mitch... I am very new at this, first blog ever, first cancer diagnosis last week, first chemo tomorrow. So a lot to learn, but what I am good at is Tassie, fourth generation, I live near Launceston, when you do come down, I will be pleased to show you some of our great attractions. I've found your blogs to be a great help. Thank you. Joanne
  • Mich x
    edited March 2015
    Options

That is fantastic Joanne.  Once I get through my chemo today I would love to chat to you about Tassie.

I am so glad I can be of help on this website.  I think I have had most side effects so I am a bit of a full bottle and hopefully I have some more answers after I see my oncologist and chemo nurse again today.   :-)

Mich xo