Celebrating Mother's Day

Options
Maxine
Maxine Member Posts: 41
edited May 2012 in Community news and events

Hello everyone,

Mother's Day takes on a special significance after a breast cancer diagnosis.  For some it will be a time to reflect and celebrate another year of survival since breast cancer, for others it will be a time to remember a loss in the family.  

This will be my first mother's day since my diagnosis last June.  I know I won't be getting breakfast in bed from my 2 children as I will be heading out to participate in the Mother's Day Classic! 

The Mother's Day Classic events across the country are run by Women in Super and raise funds to support research through the National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF).  I am sure many of you will be participating and hope you have a great time.

Later in the day I will be attending a special Mother's Day Pink Lady Concert at the Melbourne Recital Centre which is raising funds for BCNA.  The Melbourne Piano Trio is generously giving their time and many BCNA members and supporters are attending with family members for a special Mother's Day celebration. 

Another great way to celebrate mums this weekend is Pink Footy & Netball Day.  We have over 900 clubs across Australia registered to holding an event on Mother's Day weekend.   Many clubs will be 'pinked up' to connect with women in their community affected by breast cancer and to raise funds for BCNA. 

Finally don't forget to head down to your local Bakers Delight store that are mid-way through the Pink Bun campaign.  We are really thrilled and grateful to have so many bakeries and clubs raising money and awareness for BCNA and helping us to continue our work. 
Hope you all have a lovely Mother's Day weekend whatever you are doing. 

Maxine

Comments

• LeeS
    LeeS Member Posts: 128
    edited March 2015
    Options

Happy Mother's Day, Mummies.! We'll be picnicking in the rain in Perth...anything will be lovely as long as my boys are with me. XXX

• canberragirl123
    canberragirl123 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Options

I hope everyone had a nice mothers day!