My story

Options
2»

Comments

• NarelleF
    NarelleF Member Posts: 23
    edited March 2015
    Options

Tony (my husband) and I have just come back from a road trip - our son lives south of Geelong and we visited your fair city - it seems to be well planned not at all what we expected quite pretty anf everyone seemed really friendly.

We had a great time on our trip we drove a motorhome and did about 5000klms having to zigzag across NSW due to floods etc but really enjoyed it after the first 2 days - seemed really silly after being married for so long - we had to sort each other out - I guess being with each other 24/7 was the test I am so lucky that we have just done that so I'm feeling quite relaxed after our trip.  I don't think Australians realise just what a beautiful country we have, next year we are going to Mt Isa as Tony has a brother up there but I guess first things first.

I won't write again for a few days so talk next weekend.

Take care and continue to be positive.

Narelle

• NarelleF
    edited March 2015
    Options

Tony (my husband) and I have just come back from a road trip - our son lives south of Geelong and we visited your fair city - it seems to be well planned not at all what we expected quite pretty anf everyone seemed really friendly.

We had a great time on our trip we drove a motorhome and did about 5000klms having to zigzag across NSW due to floods etc but really enjoyed it after the first 2 days - seemed really silly after being married for so long - we had to sort each other out - I guess being with each other 24/7 was the test I am so lucky that we have just done that so I'm feeling quite relaxed after our trip.  I don't think Australians realise just what a beautiful country we have, next year we are going to Mt Isa as Tony has a brother up there but I guess first things first.

Narelle

• NarelleF
    edited March 2015
    Options

Narelle

• chipmunk
    chipmunk Member Posts: 280
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Narelle

I hope all went well on Monday. Was thinking about u. You don't sound like a dragon.... it's just hard some times. So here we all are.... we can be your punching bag. We all are going to have "our moments", but remember we can talk to each other, without the worry of offending anyone.

As they say " the quicker the better". So like me I just want the whole thing over, so I can have that "normal" life back.

Take care and thinking about you, and hope all goes really well.

Big hugs

JulieXX

• NarelleF
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Everyone

Well back home now - surprising with very little discomfort - they did remove the lump and 2 nodes so will find out next Tuesday if they successfully removed all the BC if not I will be back in again but first things first - find out what type it was & if they removed it all and then find out where we go from here.  I have been told already that I will have the standard 6 wks of radiotherapy but what else it yet to be determined.

Thank you so much everyone for all of your thoughts - today is a bit of a 'woe is me day' but I have been told that this is all very normal - I don't like not being in control so it is driving me crazy.

Take care

Narelle

• Shazinoz
    Shazinoz Member Posts: 307
    edited March 2015
    Options

Congrats on getting this part of your journey over and done with.

I am glad that everything has gone well so far, Good Luck for your results on Tuesday (Not that you will need it I am sure).

It is VERY VERY normal to have a woe is me day (or a few of them) after surgery and while waiting for results (You have beenoperated on so remember to take it easy, rest, relax and if you want to indulge a little (have that cheeky takeaway for dinner, that you wouldn't normally because you are watching your weight or what ever, have some choclatge when/ if you feel like it, Ask your family/ friends to get your dinner, make yuo a cup of tea, get you a  glass of wine (if allowed with your meds etc).

I'm glad thast your surgery went well and that you are home and over this surgery part of your journey.

• Shazinoz
    Shazinoz Member Posts: 307
    edited March 2015
    Options

I have BAD BAD fatigue this time (I know Taxotere can do it, and did it with the first cycle, but this is WORSE, I think  it may be becasue I had a low hemoglobin before beginning this cycle, so m probably anaemic to boot).

My hubby is AMAZING, he does everything - drives me where i want to go, buys me any treats or food I want (at anytime of day or night), does the house work etc and makes me eat and rest (not that resting is a big problem at present, the farthest Ihave been from my bed since getting home from chemo is the toilet :-), but that too will pass.

Tony is right, we all go through the grouchy, bitchy stuff, when we are angy or snappy (and don't know why even). Tony sounds like a great support and help.