Em's Journey

Options
Emma T
Emma T Member Posts: 42
edited May 2012 in Day to day

Hi All,

I haven't been on here for some time - life sure is hectic!  

I am very pleased to report that I concluded my treatment on 12th January this year which was such a relief for me!  The radiation was nearly as bad as Chemo..... I was sooooo burnt!!!  I am healing nicely and am looking forward to discussing my reconstruction options with my breast surgeon and plastic surgeon.

I have recently put together a video of My Journey and I hope you all enjoy it.  It certainly has been a tough 9 months but I am feeling great now and just hope and pray I will be here for at least the next 50 years so I can enjoy my beautiful family and friends.  I am a very lucky girl!

This is the link to the video :)  I hope you can all open the below link with no problems!

http://animoto.com/play/No1K4o2zBM3HxXTGSJGBTg

Sending you all big hugs and hoping you are all keeping as well xx

Comments

• Melg
    Melg Member Posts: 174
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Emma
    Have just watched your journey with tears streaming down my face.
    What a beautiful family!!!!
    So wonderful to see you have had so many wonderful friends and family supporting you through this difficult journey.
    Hoping you and your beautiful family find your pot of gold at the end of your very special rainbow.
    Thanks so much for sharing something so special with us.
    Mel xxx
  • Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Emma, Wow - What a fantastic video! You must have felt so empowered putting this together! It's so wonderful that you have share your ups and downs with not only your family and friends but with those who may need that little bit of your strength and hope to get through their own journey! Thank you -- Daina.

• Chris
    Chris Member Posts: 813
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Emma, how special is your video. I do regret that I didn't take more photos. I have only a few, but your video is a very special memory of your journey, and you have raised lots of money along the way. I'm glad you are now on the other side of your treatment, and can spend more time with your lovely family. Good luck. Love Chris xx
  • Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Emma -- thanks so much for sharing your vid, it's beautiful (your girls might just be the cutest things I've ever seen! :)

Di

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Emma -- thanks so much for sharing your vid, it's beautiful (your girls might just be the cutest things I've ever seen! :)

Di

• pennyb
    pennyb Member Posts: 176
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing
    Xx
  • danielle ghilardi
    danielle ghilardi Member Posts: 204
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Emma,

Thats great that you have finished treatment now. 

Your video is excellent. You seem to have been really empowered by this whole experience. Good on You, you should be very PROUD!!!!

I wish you all the best for the next 50 years with your beautiful family!!!

Love, Danielle xx