Where im at...

Options
2»

Comments

• Samantha Cunnington
    Samantha Cunnington Member Posts: 235
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hiya Gayle...glad ur finding the port useful..I have one and use a numbing cream on the port site, then I dont feel a thing. Ask at ur chemo unit for some..i know u can get 'pre-creamed 'adhesive patches, but it also comes in a smal tube that u can squirt some on and place a tegaderm patch over to let it soak in. I do mine about an hour b4 i arrive at the unit...i even use it when i go for a ct scan coz those canulas are huge and r very ouchy!!!

good luck with round 3...hope its not too severe

Sam  :)

• Gayle Taylor
    Gayle Taylor Member Posts: 93
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks for the advice on the Ct scans! I have Emelgel cream, must be the same stuff the chemo crew gave me. The other day they stuffed around with needles and finally hit 'oil', but not after i swore a few times ;) Round 3 will hopefully be a bit like i am now ( fingers crossed) Im good today, went for a 5 min walk to the end of my street, usually by sunday im picking up again, by wednesday im fab! Im pee'd off at my taste buds tho, nothing i eat seems to satisfy, that will mend by tuesday, all tastes like cardboard, urgh! Im about to write a poem, inspired by Dr Suess... lol Watch this space ;) Take care Sam xx

• jobeno
    jobeno Member Posts: 23
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Mel

How long did you have to wait between your 4th round of 3 weekly chemo and the start of your 1st weekly taxol? I do my 4th round on 24th April and then do 12 weekly taxols.

Jo-Anne

• Melg
    Melg Member Posts: 174
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Jo
    I started my taxol 3 weeks after my last AC. I had my usual bloods done the day before and got a call from the hospital to say my neutraphils were .6 3 weeks after my last AC and my oncologist wouldn't give me taxol unless I was at least 1. I had bloods done again and was 1.2 so had taxol that afternoon.
    Touch wood taxol has been alot kinder on my body and mind so far. I've had 2 and felt a bit blaah but day 3 and 4 I've had bone pain in my legs and hips. I've taken panadol and got on with it. I have been very tired and very thirsty with it though, always feeling dehydrated.
    Mel :)
  • Gayle Taylor
    edited March 2015
    Options

Im not on taxol, nor do i know anything about it, but i DO know about the fatigue! My god! It worries me that for 6 days after chemo all i do is nap, nap,and nod off. My husband was talking to me the other day and i fell asleep, i felt really bad! The whole FEC 5FU chemo treatment is harsh on my body.

If you asked me whats the hardest thing Ive ever had to do in my life, THIS IS IT! CHEMO!

• Gayle Taylor
    edited March 2015
    Options

Im not on taxol, nor do i know anything about it, but i DO know about the fatigue! My god! It worries me that for 6 days after chemo all i do is nap, nap,and nod off. My husband was talking to me the other day and i fell asleep, i felt really bad! The whole FEC 5FU chemo treatment is harsh on my body.

If you asked me whats the hardest thing Ive ever had to do in my life, THIS IS IT! CHEMO!

• Melg
    Melg Member Posts: 174
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi gayle
    I couldn't agree more about the fatigue... Sorry but I've found it gets worse as chemo progresses.
    I had an appt with my oncologist today and I said how frustrated I was at not being able to do things I wanted due to fatigue and getting out of breath. I was diagnosed with bilateral lung clots after 2nd chemo and she said I still need to take it easy.
    Just fluffing around in my small vege patch had me exhausted over the weekend. I have 16 steps from my front door upstairs and some days I have to sit down half way up to catch my breath.
    Take care of yourself and rest when you need to.
    Mel xxx
  • jobeno
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks for letting me know just had my last AC and start taxol in 3 weeks feeling very tired and sick of everything but i least am nearly half way though.  I finish on the 31st july and am trying to keep that strong in my mind.

Jo-Anne

• jobeno
    edited March 2015
    Options

You are so right about the fatigue my biggest concern that i wont be able to get out of bed by the end of it.

Jo-Anne