Deanna

Options
Kiahdee
Kiahdee Member Posts: 10
edited March 2012 in Day to day

Hi Im Deanna,

Diagnosed with early breast cancer on 28 Feb 2012. Had a lumpectomy and one lymph gland removed on 7 March 2012. Pathology results tomorrow, nervous wait.

At age 41 and  a husband and 2 children aged 3 and a half and 1 I consider myself young to have breast cancer.

Received My Journey Kit last week and I feel so supported. Women are amazing people and i cherish our networks.

Comments

• danielle ghilardi
    danielle ghilardi Member Posts: 204
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Deanna,

How are you. Sorry to hear of your diagnosis and i definately consider you young and with two toddlers i bet they keep you feeling young!!

My kids are 5 and 6 and both at school so my life would not be as eventful as yours.

How did your results go?? I hope everything went well for you.

I find it really nice to jump online and be able to have a chat. I hope you get the same comforts from tis site as i do. Sorry it took so long to reply.

Danielle

• danielle ghilardi
    danielle ghilardi Member Posts: 204
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Deanna,

How are you. Sorry to hear of your diagnosis and i definately consider you young and with two toddlers i bet they keep you feeling young!!

My kids are 5 and 6 and both at school so my life would not be as eventful as yours.

How did your results go?? I hope everything went well for you.

I find it really nice to jump online and be able to have a chat. I hope you get the same comforts from tis site as i do. Sorry it took so long to reply.

Danielle

• Kiahdee
    Kiahdee Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Danielle,

Great to hear from you.

Since my last post I have had an axillary dissection as there was cancer cells in the lymph node removed in the original operation. So was back into hospital 2 weeks after having the first operation. The test results came back with 12 lymph glands removed and they were all clear!!

I cried tears of joy and relief!

So now I have my appointments arranged in the next week to see Radiation Oncologist and Oncologist. I also have a CT and Bone Scan today to make sure all else is clear. Thinking only positive thoughts there.

I have a very sore armpit, my movement is limited at the moment, its been a week since the Ax Dissection,but doing ok, keeping an eye on swelling though. So far so good.  I was not referred to a physiotherapist but thinking about going anyway just to make sure I'm doing the right things. Dont realise how blessed we are to have our limbs working properly until something happens to them, especially with the little people in my life!

Deanna.