Celebrating International Women's Day

Options
Maxine
Maxine Member Posts: 41
edited March 2012 in Community news and events

Hello everyone,

Today is International Women's Day, and across the world thousands of events will be held to inspire women and celebrate achievements and reflect and take action where inequality still exists.

The theme of this year is 'Connecting girls, Inspiring Futures'.  In light of this, I'd encourage you all to thank and acknowledge the women who have inspired you on your journey. The women in our network are a constant source of inspiration to all the staff here at BCNA, and I would like to thank you all for sharing your own stories and experiences with us. I would also encourage you to help us celebrate International Women's Day by sharing your stories of women who have inspired you on your journey in the comments.

International Women's Day is also about connecting women and it seems appropriate to recognise this important day via our online network, a tool that enables our women from across Australia to connect and support each other.

Today at BCNA we will be celebrating International Women's Day with a staff morning tea, and encourage you celebrate with your own friends and family.

Happy International Women's Day!

Maxine

PS. you can find out more information on the International Women's Day website.

Comments

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Well I guess by now you girls have enjoyed your morning tea - cappachino, scones-jam-cream and countless other goodies that are naughty and nice.

Dareton Community Health is having a lunch today (about 50 invited) at one of the Clubs and I have been asked to be one of the guest speakers. I was asked if I wanted to do power-point presentation etc but told them my preferences were informality, very much like friends sitting around enjoying each others company with a cuppa.

Will be talking about my own journey, how I became involved with BCNA and the  Vision, Mission and Resources we have.  Don't know how long I'm to be speaking ... hope they give me a timeline or we'll all still be there tomorrow LoL !!!

It should be a lovely afternoon and I'm looking forward to it.

Cheers ... Shirl x0x

• Laura Crowden
    Laura Crowden Member Posts: 109
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Shirl,

I'm BCNA's new Media Coordinator, and just wanted to say congrats on your guest speaking gig.  How did it go? 

If you are interested in possibly sharing your story further - perhaps via your local paper - please don't hesitate to get in touch.

I hope it was a lovely afternoon.  The BCNA morning tea was great!

Cheers, Laura

• PinkLady
    PinkLady Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Options

With it being International Women's Day I have 2 very special ladies who I would like to make a special mention of and who were my strength when I was going throught treatment in 2008.  They are my best friend Debbie and my Breast Care Nurse Jenny MacIndoe without them in my life I don't know how I would have got through that time. They will always be very special people to me. xx