Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Enhertu working

Blossom1961
Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,465
edited October 7 in Metastatic breast cancer
CT Pet scan and MRI results in. No active cancer anywhere. Previous test showed cancer in brain, bones and adrenal gland. Onco started me on Enhertu five cycles ago and the results are amazing. Feeling pretty happy right now. I still have MBC but it is all asleep.  <3

Comments

• dobsonj
    dobsonj Member Posts: 12
    That is amazing congratulations 👏 
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,933
    Fantastic news @Blossom1961.
    You have found the best treatment team for you.
    A sunny day (?) so that makes one extra happy.
  • Pamelac
    Pamelac Member Posts: 10
    Great news 👏

I started Enhertu 3 (21 day) cycles ago.
    PETscan due in October to see if it’s working.
    It’s my 2nd line of treatment.
    I found the 1st dose too strong - severe fatigue, nausea and all the other endless side effects of chemo.
    My dose has been reduced twice and I’m hoping I can tolerate it with the increase in drugs as well.
    Enhertu is very toxic.
    Every 3weeks seems daughting for the foreseeable future.
    I’ll be forever bald, no nails, neuropathy, fatigue on the 8th and 9th days, constipation, etc ……

How are others coping??

What’s the longest timeline someone has been on Enhertu?

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,693
    Excellent news @Blossom1961!

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,465
    edited October 3
    @Pamelac
    One of the Onco nurses told me there are two different Enhertu they can put you on. Different chemo type. Maybe you can check up if the alternative is available. It may have lesser side effects. My main side effects are mouth ulcers and tiredness. I had nausea for the first three rounds but it has appeared to disappear in the last two rounds I have had. I also have it every three weeks for however long it works and I tolerate it. I find one coloxyl tablet for the first five days keeps the constipation under control
  • Pamelac
    Pamelac Member Posts: 10
    TY for that info Blossom1961 - this is also my year of birth 🌷
    Information is power.
    Good to know there are options.
    The Onc who spoke to me said we’ll decrease the dose again before we abandon it - ??!
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 8,023
    WOO-bloody-WHOOO!!!   That is the most fantastic news I've heard all year, @Blossom1961 xxx.

I am SO happy for you xx.  

I hope that your side effects lessen soon @Pamelac (or you can try the other one) and continue with your treatment - hopefully with the same results as Blossom1961!!

take care, both of you xx

• Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,433
    Oh @ @Blossom1961 I am so happy to hear this news from you. It's just fantastic. What are you doing to celebrate 🥳? Pop that cork 🥂. 
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 2,066
    Awesome - great news @Blossom1961
  • MargaretTurner
    MargaretTurner Member Posts: 12
    The best news @Blossom1961 - so very happy for you x
  • GorgyS
    GorgyS Member Posts: 132
    these are the news we all want to hear. So happy for you Blossom1961 and thank you for sharing your experience. 
  • ter1969
    ter1969 Member Posts: 7
    edited October 5
    Wonderful news @Blossom1961.
  • Glynnis
    Glynnis Member Posts: 360
    Hi Pamelac I’m glad your dose has been reduced, that’s one question I’m going to ask when I see my onc, can’t keep going like this, I had the first dose 10 days ago, so will see what happens when we have a chat. 
  • dobsonj
    dobsonj Member Posts: 12
    @Glynnis here for you ❤️