Help - I'm new

Options
apple
apple Member Posts: 4
edited March 2012 in General discussion

My best friend was just diagnosed with breast cancer and her biopsy is next week.

I don't know what to do! Her kids are like my own flesh and blood and I am trying to educate myself but I am feeling sicker and starting to panic with the overload of information.

Comments

• apple
    edited March 2015
    Options

thankyou so much

• susieFA
    susieFA Member Posts: 66
    edited March 2015
    Options

It takes time and effort to source out then join a network at the best of times, however, when you are struggling with all the emotions attached to supporting a dear friend it's harder and still you have done it.  Your friend and her children are very lucky to have someone who acts positively as you have.  Everyone has a story and the women here are wonderful enough to share theirs - I hope you find information and solace, both of which you will need at times.

s

• apple
    edited March 2015
    Options

thankyou, it really is hard to navigate and comprehend through tears, ill check out help

• apple
    edited March 2015
    Options

thankyou so much, i guess its no supprise to you all how much it helps to have some instant loving feedback, it is a supprise to me, when id usually share my deepest pain with my best friend and now i have to be strong for her, you really are a comfort to me xo

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

No problems, ask any time you have a question. :)

The other thing you might like to look at is the page in our website: Helping a friend or colleague who has breast cancer.  It was put together by women who've had breast cancer and is all the things they found helpful and unhelpful.