Tamoxifen then Letrozole and now Zoladex :(

Options
Probably more a vent than anything else but I have had a bit of a horror run with my ongoing cancer meds. Tamoxifen was a no go, Exemestane was severe joint pain. I've kind of settled into Letrozole now however taking Celebrex to help with pain and have been in therapy for over twelve months trying to deal with survivorship. 
Randomly two weeks ago I had my first period since 2021 and had been told all the way through treatment (I was HER+) that I was in menopause. So apparently in some cases Letrozole etc can cause ovarian recovery syndrome and the body can scrape up enough oestrogen to give you periods. 
Enter into my life now being told Zoladex once a month for the next five years. 
I've come crashing down, had my first injection last Monday and after the first couple of days just feeling sickly, I'm now angry and feel quite low. The option now is a hysterectomy. I just feel so angry at the world right now and I felt like I had put so much work into trying to get on with life and to accept what has happened to me to now just be given something else to try and navigate. 
I know I am probably just feeling sorry for myself but geez it's just a lot. :( Has anyone else had similar side effects with Zoladex? 

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    edited February 14
    Options
    @Christabel03

It's amazing isn't it, you think you are sailing along and then another thing crops up.  

I had Zoladex for 2 years, 26 injections in total.  I had some discomfort when the injection was the left side of the abdomen.  Right side no problem!  I was monitored throughout and like you had not gone through menopause and had an unexpected bleed.  Ended up under the care of a Gynecology Oncologist.  Had to have a curette and got through the 2 years.  I had Pelvic US leading up to each Gynecology appointment.  End result, ovaries shrunk!

Hope your body settles and you find the experience beneficial.

Best wishes and take care.