SECONDARY CANCER

Options
DebMach
DebMach Member Posts: 4
edited January 2012 in Day to day

I was diagnosed in July 2010, I have had a right Mastectomy with a lot of lymph node involvement, my cancer was grade 2 and not an aggressive cancer, I have been through chemo and radiation and now on Femara. I have been reading this Web site for a long time and every time I feel down I read all your stories and this picks me up I always go away feeling better at the moment I am going through more scans as I mentioned to my oncologist I had a pulling feeling in my back and of cause he gets that worried look on his face and off I go now I am S.....myself the scan was yesterday and I will see him tomorrow. I finally though I would write it down and introduce myself. I would love to talk to some one

Comments

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi DebMach,

I just wanted to say a quick welcome to the online network and it is great to see you having made your first blog post!

You seem to know your way around having been a member for a while, but if you need a hand just shout! You might also find the 'Help' section of the site useful as it will give you tips on searching for others going through the same experiences - See: http://www.bcna.org.au/help

Good luck and I hope that you find other members who can share their experiences.

Cheers,
    Daina

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi DebMach,

I just wanted to say a quick welcome to the online network and it is great to see you having made your first blog post!

You seem to know your way around having been a member for a while, but if you need a hand just shout! You might also find the 'Help' section of the site useful as it will give you tips on searching for others going through the same experiences - See: http://www.bcna.org.au/help

Good luck and I hope that you find other members who can share their experiences.

Cheers,
    Daina

• DebMach
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you for replying,  tomorrow can't come quick enough the sooner I know the results the better, at least I can plan what the next step will be.( I hope I will be popping the Champagne) This waiting for results sucks and thank you for your good wishes

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

I know just how you feel-am in the same boat myself.I've had breast cancer twice(same breast)2003 and then again in 2010.Last few months I've had a sore hip,probably from moving house.But now I've become paranoid so am off to my gp tomorrow.I figure I'll get the whole works then I'll be able to report to my oncologist the following week when I have my 6mths checkup.Good luck for tomorrow and let us know how you go.

Tonya xx

• Chris
    Chris Member Posts: 813
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Deb, thinking about you and the waiting for results. I wish you good luck. It is sensible to get any unexplained pain checked out. It is probably nothing more than a back strain, but not knowing is probably worse than knowing. The anxiety that fear creates is no fun, so you are doing the right thing. Please let us know how you go. Love Chris xxx
  • Chris
    Chris Member Posts: 813
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Deb, thinking about you and the waiting for results. I wish you good luck. It is sensible to get any unexplained pain checked out. It is probably nothing more than a back strain, but not knowing is probably worse than knowing. The anxiety that fear creates is no fun, so you are doing the right thing. Please let us know how you go. Love Chris xxx
  • DebMach
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank You all so much for the support I think that was the longest day i ever spent waiting for my appointment, all's good the pain is arthritis thank god. There is no sign of cancer and I am in remission, so there is good news sometimes with breast cancer, Please keep up the good work, this site has kept me sane many times. xxx Deb

• DebMach
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank You all so much for the support I think that was the longest day i ever spent waiting for my appointment, all's good the pain is arthritis thank god. There is no sign of cancer and I am in remission, so there is good news sometimes with breast cancer, Please keep up the good work, this site has kept me sane many times. xxx Deb

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

Good news but isn't it crazy how we want to celebrate an arthritis diagnosis.My hip xray was fine so we cracked open the bubbly Wednesday night.Hell,I would have celebrated if I had needed a hip replacement! Anything but cancer. So I guess you are doing the happy dance despite your sore back.

Tonya xx

• Jrova
    Jrova Member Posts: 125
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Good one Tonya! Yay for arthritis! xx Jane