Ladies in SYDNEY that need help.

Options
Dwakelin87
Dwakelin87 Member Posts: 17
edited January 2012 in Day to day

Hi Ladies,

Is there any women in Sydney that are doing treatment at the moment and need help with household chores???...

I am willing to help you do the Vaccuming, Mopping, Dishes, Washing, give you a head massage, massage your hands, or just help with whatever it is you need!!!!!!!!!!

I know it can be hard on the family during this time, and I want to help someone in need.

Please please contact me if you are struggling and don't be shy because I want to do this.

xxxxx
Love Dani

Comments

• Sunshine1
    Sunshine1 Member Posts: 14
    edited March 2015
    Options

What a beautiful person you are! xoxo

• Dwakelin87
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Oh thank u so much I dont think that's true though

I have just seen first hand how hard it is- I have the time and strength to help
    That's what my mum would want me to do to she would do the same if she was alive and healthy
  • Chris
    Chris Member Posts: 813
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Dani, you are are such a strong and wonderful person. I know it hasn't been long since your mum died, and here you are offering to help others. How proud your mum would be of you. Life can be very unfair at times. Thankyou for thinking of others at this time in your life.
    Love Chris xx
  • Chris
    Chris Member Posts: 813
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Dani, you are are such a strong and wonderful person. I know it hasn't been long since your mum died, and here you are offering to help others. How proud your mum would be of you. Life can be very unfair at times. Thankyou for thinking of others at this time in your life.
    Love Chris xx
  • TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

That is a really lovely gesture.If I hear of anyone needing help I'll keep you in mind.Can I ask you if and what sort of work you do at the moment?The reason I ask is because you have great insight into the breast cancer journey and in time,you may find yourself on a different path.When I had breast cancer for the second time in 2010 it was sooo important for me to get back to work straight after chemo.I just wanted normality and to prove to myself I was fine,cancer gone.But after a year back at work(I'm an early childhood nurse) I did a complete flip and resigned from my job of 16 years without a second thought. I found myself going down another path - I want to become more involved with bcna and maybe become a community liaison officer.I also want time with my retired husband,have some fun and travel.Like your mum,I have 2 grown up daughters too and what I want for them is to be happy,healthy and to do something worthwhile.I'm sure your mum would be very proud of you Dani.

love Tonya xx

• Dwakelin87
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thank u so so much for ur kind words xoxox
  • Dwakelin87
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks Tonya !!!

Yes I k is exactly what you mean. I'm an office manager at the moment for a large building company . It keeps me busy for sure, but it's not my passion. I would absolutely LOVE some kind of job where I could work with women with breast cancer and help them
  • sillysam83
    sillysam83 Member Posts: 378
    edited March 2015
    Options

Dear Dani, 

OMG u r such a gorgeous person... Im overwhelmed by what you want to do for others. we need some more of u in the world. 

I too would love to help people in need, to really help them, there is so much that you cannot do when you are sick & yes its a strain on everyone... I'm in Melbourne, If u ever find out anyway to help people going thru breast cancer, please let me know!!! Xxx 

• Deeay
    Deeay Member Posts: 278
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Dani
    There are lots of ways you can help. Have you thought about volunteering at the local hospital or ringing Cancer Council and offering your services?
    It's so nice to hear you wanting to help others. I hope you find an opportunity somewhere. Volunteering can often lead to paid work!
    All the best
    Diane :)