New to Group

Options
MandaMoo
MandaMoo Member Posts: 500
edited January 2012 in Day to day

Hi everyone 

I am new to the group here so I thought I would introduce myself.  My name is Amanda - I'm 39 and have secondaries in my lungs, an axilla node and my skin.  I have a supportive husband and three children (5,7,10) The cancer progessed while I was on treatment for Early Breast Cancer -  something my oncologist had not seen before.  I am Her2+ve, ER/PR-ve

I live near the Galwer Foundation's Hawthorn office so I immediately went there for support and have found it invaluable.  I attended the 12 week program and this year am doing an 18 week course that Ian is actually facilitating.  I made significant change to my diet and 7 months later I am still stable.  I am also on  drug trial that includes weekly chemo.  

While I am not truley vegan I eat a large number of vegan meals.  I have made a decision to include fish and eggs in my diet and sometimes have honey and very occasionally goats cheese (my biggest weekness!)

I am so looking forward to sharing ideas and recipes with you all - especially when the kids are back at school and I will get a little more time to read through the past posts - but for now I just wanted to say "hi!"

And maybe a question to throw in - what are the thoughts here on coconut milk - Gawler are against it for it's saturated fat content - other ideas?

Talk soon ladies 

Amanda

p.s. - thanks for letting us know this group was here Celeste. :-)

Comments

• Celbird
    Celbird Member Posts: 680
    edited March 2015
    Options

Welcome! When you get a chance to look through the blogs you will find some great info. Sam has posted blogs on YouTube that are also helpful and she has also had some involvement with the Gawler Foundation and swears by it!Celeste?