Dodgy breast & ovary at once

Looner
Looner Member Posts: 1
Hi there!

I am new and so very confused. 

I’m a 42 year old and trying to make sense of my world. I had a breast mass removed in 2011 and it was benign. I’ve been having an ovarian cyst monitored for 9 months now in the hopes it would just disappear or be debris. It’s unfortunately morphed a bit and the last scan they said borderline or malignant and needs to come out. Plan is ovary removal and hysterectomy by gynae oncologist. 

I however recently discovered a breast thing which turned out to be totally fine. The scans led to ultrasound and some biopsies of my lymph and as well as another lesion. Those were totally fine but the radiology report said I needed surgical review because of some clusters of microcalcifications I have in one quadrant of my breast. The clinic doctors reviewed my scans and have booked me in to see a surgeon and have a vacuum biopsy a week later.

I’m now under the care of two separate teams. I however feel that maybe the issues are somewhat related but I feel so siloed and each team focussing on each issue. 

I haven’t been living back in Australia for super long and don’t have a reliable GP relationship. How would you go about understanding what is happening in your body from a more holistic sense? 

Comments

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,835
    Hi Looner, it’s awful when everything happens at once. Perhaps contacting the breast care nurse at your hospital might help. She could liaise between the 2 teams?Its hard to know if your 2 problems are related until you get some pathology back.If you have a family history of ovarian or breast cancer then your teams may suggest genetic testing down the track. Early days so hang in there- make sure you ask for copies of all your reports and pathology.