Comments

• FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,538 ✭
    Options
    @Keeping_positive1 yep πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,834 ✭
    Options
    Perfectly put @Keeping_positive1.Β  Us women are trained from early on to take care of others and in that process we leave the importance of ourselves way behind.
    I am not young but I have now decided to put me at the top of the list for a change !Β  (Impressed @FLClover ?).Β  This is beginning with the 'little'Β things such as treating myself and I will work up to bigger expectations of others.
  • Keeping_positive1
    Keeping_positive1 Member Posts: 555 ✭
    Options
    @Sister was your psychologist suggesting you were operating at a "superwoman" level before, as many "average" women wouldn't operate at that higher level.Β  If that is the case I find that comment by your psychologist to be a backhanded comment in regards to how she/he views many women in general.Β  Your reality is your reality, and you needed to be taken seriously.Β  I hope things are improving for you.Β  Best wishes.
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,538 ✭
    Options
    @June1952 yes I am impressed!! And about bloody time I say, that you put yourself first!! πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜€πŸ˜€.Β 
    We are definitely trained that way, which is so wrong and so unfair. The workload, no matter where, needs to be shared by everyone. And people need to stop waiting on the woman to do everything just because she can. And the woman needs to start telling people to fob off and do things themselves πŸ’ͺ🏻.Β 
    And for the upteenth time, you’re not old!! 🀨
    πŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’Ÿ
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960 ✭
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @Keeping_positive1 I think her comment was more along the lines that my expectations of myself were very high and that I, along with the people around me, still expected that I could keep all the info in my head and deliver as required and that it was important that I accepted the impact that the trauma of diagnosis and treatment had had on me.Β  With some strategies in place, I have mostly been able to continue at a reasonable level but that high-functioning that I took as part of me, has gone.Β  Getting others to accept that as well has been a long journey.Β  Family mostly along for the ride (and jokes aside, very supportive) but it has been more challenging at work:Β  "Don't you remember that?"Β  "You must remember that!"Β  No - sorry, I have absolutely no recollection.Β  Do you have evidence?Β  Yes?Β  Well, it must have happened then.Β  Good on ya!Β  Funnily enough, I work in a high school and for some reason anything relating to a particular Shakespearean play has disappeared into a black hole.Β  Some might find that disturbing while others would consider it deserving.Β  :D
  • Keeping_positive1
    Keeping_positive1 Member Posts: 555 ✭
    Options
    @Sister as long as you are happy, that is the important thing to remember.Β  :)