No energy

Options
2»

Comments

• Stormbird63
    Stormbird63 Member Posts: 12
    Options
    Yep! Coming up to 2 years since surgery and radiation followed by tamoxifen. Dragging my feet around. Tried going back to gp. Tried antidepressants, changed jobs, struggle with finding regular exercise
  • Keeping_positive1
    Keeping_positive1 Member Posts: 555
    edited May 2021
    Options
    It wouldn't hurt to get a full blood test!  I was also lacking energy and felt so tired after all my active treatment, so my GP ordered a full blood test.  It showed that I had hypothyroidism, so I am now taking medication for that.

Also, remember that it can take a while to "bounce" back from cancer treatment.

Best wishes.

• Halla
    Halla Member Posts: 185
    Options
    I’ve stopped HRT a month ago l, surgery 3 weeks ago and been on letrozole only a week. I am having hot flushes and am also really tired. But I’ve been pretty tired for years 🤔. I’ve never had any energy for housework!! I want to start exercise soon but still a bit tender after surgery. Walked the dogs the other day and I think I did some damage inside so now I’m scared to lift anything.
  • Halla
    Halla Member Posts: 185
    Options

Yep! Coming up to 2 years since surgery and radiation followed by tamoxifen. Dragging my feet around. Tried going back to gp. Tried antidepressants, changed jobs, struggle with finding regular exercise

Sounds like you have had a bit of a rough time @Stormbird63, I noticed you mentioned anguish on another post too...how have the last couple of years been for you? 
  • Greengirl
    Greengirl Member Posts: 57
    Options
    @Halla all the best with your recovery. very difficult to get excited about housework at the best of times lol x 
  • Greengirl
    Greengirl Member Posts: 57
    Options
    @Stormbird63 I feel your pain. I really hope things will get better for you but know your not the only one x