Mackay Breast Cancer Support Group - Upcoming Events
For patients and survivors in the Mackay region, the Mackay Breast Cancer Support Group has a couple of events happening in February.
Our first ever Mental Health Workshop will be held in one week, specifically for Breast Cancer patients and survivors in the Mackay region, led by a registered psychologist.6th Feb - Mental Health Workshop
- Led by a registered psychologist, Sat 6th Feb, 9:30am arrival, Mackay Region Botanical Gardens Meeting Room, free event.
- Mental Health Workshop - https://www.facebook.com/events/224929762421253
Workshop Purpose: To give breast cancer survivors in the Mackay region an opportunity to learn coping and survivorship tools for life after breast cancer.
1. Coping with emotions as a patient/survivor
o Patient - getting through cancer treatments
o Survivorship – overcoming the fear/worry that cancer will recur
2. Stress reduction techniques
3. Q & A
- Monthly Support Group - https://www.facebook.com/events/1130314484096136
- Second Saturday of the month, Sat 13th Feb, 9am to 12pm, Mackay Region Botanical Gardens Meeting Room, free event.
Cath McGregor - Group Leader - Mackay Breast Cancer Support Group