Taking the next step - buying prothesis

2»

Comments

• Karma03
    Karma03 Member Posts: 17
    So thankful for all your comments everybody.  It is wonderful just to have a bit feedback from others that have been through the same.  I had my fitting and l really don't know what l was worried about. I have Amoena also and the feel and look so natural.  It was a very warm and humid day up here in North Qld so it was good to know how comfortable they were even in the hottest of weather.   Thanks for your support.  
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 911
    @iserbrown and @StarGirl this is the lady who fitted me.  She is lovely.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Excellent!
    Hugs!
  • StarGirl
    StarGirl Member Posts: 135
    Thank you for your help ladies.
    @FLClover I am in Adelaide
    @Locksley how do you find a breast care nurse? I have never had one.
    Who was it did your fitting?
    Is there a company or someone I could call? I have seen amoena on line, but they seem very expensive. Does Medicare cover everyone? How does the claim work? Is it like at the doctors or different? 
    Sorry for all the questions! I feel like I must have missed something somewhere in the process and am consequently clueless 😳
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    @StarGirl

This link from the BCNA website should answer your questions 
    https://www.bcna.org.au/understanding-breast-cancer/treatment/breast-prostheses/
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,513
    Oh ok. If you were in Sydney I would’ve given you contacts to the lovely lady who fitted me. I hope you find someone good 🤞♥️
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 911
    @StarGirl did you get in touch with geneovieve from breast care Victoria thst iserbrown posted.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    @stargirl There are a number of places in Adelaide that can help you but SA Mobile Breast Care will come to your home.  I find Krista and Barbara really nice to deal with and they know their stuff.  It's so convenient to be able to try the things at home as you can always check how they work with your clothes.
  • StarGirl
    StarGirl Member Posts: 135
    Thank you very much everyone