Support - Psychologist recommendations

Indigo
Indigo Member Posts: 19
edited November 2020 in Health and wellbeing
Hi everyone, I’m a year post mastectomy and I would like to get some emotional support. Can anyone recommend a wise and caring psychologist in the eastern suburbs of Sydney (I’m in Randwick)? Thanks 
Tagged:

Comments

• FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,513
    Hello @Indigo, I found my psychologist through the Kinghorn. She has done wonders for me. She only works there a couple days so she might also be a part of other centres. I can pm you her name if you’re interested 
  • Ecup2020
    Ecup2020 Member Posts: 15
    Hi I am 5 weeks post left breast mastectomy /stage 1 reconstruction and just started radiotherapy.
    My breast surgeon referred me to a psychologist at my request ( have never sent one before) but her practice was so busy she is not taking on new patients.
    I then got a referral from my GP to a practice with 6 psychologists and no one there had room for an appointment before January,
    I am in Sydney.
    I called the Cancer Council and had a good chat yo a councillor there who suggested their Cancer Connect programme where they put you in touch with a trained volunteer who has been through breast cancer.
    hoprfully you can’t get to see a psychologist , I understand Covid 19 has created an increased need for their services.
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,513
    @Ecup2020 wow, I didn’t realise they were so full 😳😳. Great alternative suggestion 👌🏻