Looking for the positives

Options
June1952
June1952 Member Posts: 1,830
edited September 2020 in Day to day
Being in the COVID capital of Victoria it has been difficult to find many positives for some months.
These masks - blah - but today I found myself appreciating mine.  ''What ?''  You may be asking.
Well, Ballarat has snow - real snow which lays on the ground and banks up.  The temperature dropped to zero but it felt like minus 5 degrees.
The positives ?
1.  The good old COVID mask kept my face warm and
2.  The winter wonderland is beautiful.  I have emailed my American penfriend of 50+ years with the photos and she is amazed as she never believed that sunny Australia ever got cold !
No doubt the TV news will be full of pictures of kids playing in the snow in many parts of Victoria and perhaps other States today as this cold front works its way across the landscape.

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Ha ha!
    We too are experiencing the snow.  We are presently watching the Premier give his evidence to the Inquiry around the Hotel Quarantine Victoria.   Snowing is a great distraction 
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    I read South Australia has had snow also we presently have wild winds and highways closed in CW NSW 

My positive is our DAM is finally full after looking like we were going to be at Zero this summer.... Yeah for Rain 
  • Hendrix
    Hendrix Member Posts: 324
    Options
    @June1952 a friend lives in Ballarat and sent me photos...it looked beautiful...so lucky ❤️
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,830
    Options
    Yes, it was beautiful.
    Thanks