Help on mepitel film

Options
13»

Comments

• Louise64
    Louise64 Member Posts: 112
    Options
    @ddon I had planning and the mepitel was ruled out for me . I’m using the strata gel and was given sample. Nurses so lovely and are going to put on for me first 3 treatments next week. I feel very confident in the care I’m receiving and also the negotiated fee for private treatment 5 mins from home. Feeling very grateful 💗
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,536
    Options
    I’m glad that worked out well for you @Louise64 ☺️ Xx
  • ddon
    ddon Member Posts: 349
    Options
    That’s good - treatment close to home takes all the stress out of it. I hope the gel works well for you - I don’t know how well it worked for me because I have nothing to compare it to. I just assume it would have been much worse if I hadn’t used it. As others have said, I used Moo Goo udder cream 4 times daily also and it’s a beautiful cream. 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Before going out and buying the film, please ask your treating clinic if they supply it.  I went to RAH in Adelaide and it was not offered.  I asked about it and the response was "oh yeah, we have that but never use it - we can do it if you want".  Of course, I did want and it worked really well.
  • Abbydog
    Abbydog Member Posts: 482
    Options
    Today I had my Radiotherapy Planning session at LMH in SA.
    They will supply Mepitel, and apply it for me. Great news.
    The nurse put a sample on my hand to see if I was allergic.
    Seems I'm not allergic. It doesn't look like anything special.
    But I'm grateful in advance, since it is supposed to be great.
  • FLClover
    Options
    Hi @Abbydog, that’s great news! 😃. It really doesn’t look like anything special, and you won’t see a difference either til you’ve almost completed the whole treatment, but believe me it does wonders. I finished a week ago and had a follow up yesterday, and the nurse told me I converted my onco to using it. They couldn’t believe how good my skin looked. And there is a difference, cos my armpits are quite burnt, red and very sore since the film didn’t stay on there. My breasts are almost unaffected, since they were always covered. I only noticed the difference towards week 4, cos that’s when armpits started going red. It’s annoying but stick with it, because it really is amazing. Good luck! ☺️😘
  • Abbydog
    Abbydog Member Posts: 482
    Options
    Thanks FLClover.
  • FLClover
    Options
    Anytime 😊
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    You do get used to it @abbydog and I think it makes a massive difference.  So pleased to hear that they have offered it to you.
  • ChezaH
    ChezaH Member Posts: 549
    Options
    Thank you everyone, I have my Radiotherapy Planning session booked in for the 15/9 at the Gold Coast University Hospital not sure if there is anybody that has had it there? Trying to get myself prepared
  • FLClover
    Options
    Good luck @ChezaH! That’s my daughter’s birthday 😊. Best prep is practising the deep breath hold. And that mepitel is a miracle worker so do your best with it. All the best 🍀 Xx
  • ChezaH
    ChezaH Member Posts: 549
    Options

FLClover said:

Good luck @ChezaH! That’s my daughter’s birthday 😊. Best prep is practising the deep breath hold. And that mepitel is a miracle worker so do your best with it. All the best 🍀 Xx

Hi FLClover Thanks for all the information it really is very helpful Hugs xx