Samhutto Member Posts: 51
edited November 2011 in Health and wellbeing

Well

Comments

• Samhutto
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Well (my silly iPhone wouldn't let me blog...sorted!) I saw a counselor today for the first time (ever)! & boy did it feel good to have a good cry to her & not feel guilty, or embarrassed or stupid! 4 weeks today since surgery & it still could've been yesterday, somedays
    (if you get my drift). It felt good to hear 'the professional' (who's had breast cancer) tell me I'm normal & on track for a good recovery! Having all the wonderful women on this site to chat with has certainly been like my own private counseling session anyway, but it was good to sit with someone face to face (who has had her own bc journey too) and have a good ugly cry! Although I did admit I still haven't had 'the shower cry'...& I don't mean cry in the shower, of which I did regularly in the 1st few weeks, I mean THAT cry...of just
    letting it completely all out...problem is I'm not a quiet crier & i'm never in the house alone...note to self...must book that in!!

Anyway, the counseling was great & i would definitely recommend it!!

Must sleep now,
    Sam xxxx
  • Samhutto
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Well (my silly iPhone wouldn't let me blog...sorted!) I saw a counselor today for the first time (ever)! & boy did it feel good to have a good cry to her & not feel guilty, or embarrassed or stupid! 4 weeks today since surgery & it still could've been yesterday, somedays
    (if you get my drift). It felt good to hear 'the professional' (who's had breast cancer) tell me I'm normal & on track for a good recovery! Having all the wonderful women on this site to chat with has certainly been like my own private counseling session anyway, but it was good to sit with someone face to face (who has had her own bc journey too) and have a good ugly cry! Although I did admit I still haven't had 'the shower cry'...& I don't mean cry in the shower, of which I did regularly in the 1st few weeks, I mean THAT cry...of just
    letting it completely all out...problem is I'm not a quiet crier & i'm never in the house alone...note to self...must book that in!!

Anyway, the counseling was great & i would definitely recommend it!!

Must sleep now,
    Sam xxxx
  • danielle ghilardi
    danielle ghilardi Member Posts: 204
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Sam,

Thats great that you went to see a consellor. I agree it is really nice to be able to talk to someone and not have to hold back in fear of hurting a loved ones feelings. Its nice that you are able to talk to a counsellor that has been through bc herself as she would understand a little better than some one who had not been through it. 

I have had the shower cry, both the one in the shower and the terrential down pour of tears. It feels nice to be able to let it all go. Is there some where you can go if your feeling like a cry, it must be hard to keep it bottled up.

I hope you had a good sleep and a lovely weekend.

Danielle xx

• danielle ghilardi
    danielle ghilardi Member Posts: 204
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Sam,

Thats great that you went to see a consellor. I agree it is really nice to be able to talk to someone and not have to hold back in fear of hurting a loved ones feelings. Its nice that you are able to talk to a counsellor that has been through bc herself as she would understand a little better than some one who had not been through it. 

I have had the shower cry, both the one in the shower and the terrential down pour of tears. It feels nice to be able to let it all go. Is there some where you can go if your feeling like a cry, it must be hard to keep it bottled up.

I hope you had a good sleep and a lovely weekend.

Danielle xx

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Sam, just wanted to reassure you that it's not you (or your iphone)!  We have a bug at the moment that won't let anyone type into the text field when making a new blog post using an ipod/iphone.  But good on you for working out that it DOES work for replies/comments! :)   The developers are looking at it at the moment so that it works properly with all mobile devices.  I'll let everyone know when it's fixed.

~Di