Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Anyone had Faslodex?

Giovanna_BCNA
Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
edited January 2020 in Metastatic breast cancer

Comments

• Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Hello @Hoping

I have attached the following discussion thread which you may find helpful regarding Fulvestrant (Faslodex) injections.
    https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/discussion/comment/182268#Comment_182268

I have tagged @Palmbeachprincess, @wendy_h67 and @Lisa1407 as they may be able to respond directly to your question.

Kind regards
  • wendy_h67
    wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
    Hello @Hoping,  I have been on Fulvestrant Injections now since October and my tumour markers halved, which is the first time in ages that has happened.  After I had a bone scan and ct scan of the organs  my oncologist was reasonable pleased as my liver mets had shrunk,  although there seems to be a new one poped up. My bone mets had some improvement but I have recently new mets in my lymph glands in my neck and back of my shoulder.  The Fulvestrant doesn't seem to work for them. I am having radiation therapy for them to hopefully shrink them.  The side effects from Fulvestrant have many been no energy and headaches which I put down to sinus pain from all the smoke from the bush fires. I may be wrong. I hope I can stay on Fulvestrant Injections as long as you have as I don't want to go back on chemo again. All the best with your treatment. 
  • wendy55
    wendy55 Member Posts: 774
    Hi @Hoping,
    I have only been on faslodex since Dec so a bit early yet to decide how things are going I am also on abemiciclib tablets, I had been on abraxane but that did not work so am pleased to be back on tablets and injections, how fantastic for you to have been on this for 24 months, it sucks about the side effects, yes fatigue is and always has been a issue and I have noticed very mild headaches as well, although because I am on the tablets its hard to work out whats what in terms of side effects,my tumour markers have dropped 50 points and are now down to 217, I have a ct scan on Feb 15th to see whats happening on the inside, I am hoping that like @wendy_h67 my liver tumours have shrunk a little, its great to be back on tablets and for the first time in a couple of years I dont have to see my oncologist for 4 weeks,I had been seeing him every week when I was on abraxane and as its a 4 hour or so round trip it was a big day.
    Big hugs,
    wendy55

• Palmbeachprincess
    Palmbeachprincess Member Posts: 39
    Hi

@hoping I am also on faslodex injection. Personally no side effects as yet although I only started in October. 
    I do get a lovely bruise on my bum though and wish I had Kim Kardashians back side! 
    I’m also on the oral pill abemaciclib. 
    I had a pet scan in December and we have shrinking and bloods are down to 52 from 117 😀
    so it’s working 😀 I m hoping to stay on as long as you have, well done 👍🏻 

sending love to the ladies. 
    Embrace each day Xxxx