Massage

Options
Blondy
Blondy Member Posts: 238
Whilst I've generally felt better on Anastrozle over Letrozole I have had a bugger of a back pain right hand side, lower back. When it plays up I can't even bend to get dressed. Either my husband can massage it good or I sit for 20 mins in my chair with one of those electric back rollers in it. That works a treat. Turning over in bed is painful, walking up the stairs hurts from knee to half way up my back on the right side. So it's one step at a time. I alight from the train like an old chook. 
I was given a voucher for a spa and I booked my appointment for a massage and facial on Thursday of last week. On the day, I was full of a head cold and a throbbing head, but too late to cancel the appointment. I knocked back some painkillers before I went in. I  had a leg ex foliation and a leg massage. Then some hot stones on my back, very nice, then a back massage. She didn't even touch where I have the pain. She said the middle of my back was tight with knots. Humph, any wonder. Anyway she paid special attention there and kneaded away. She suggested I get a remedial massage. When it was all over, sob sob, I never wanted it to end, I had to go to do some health fund business up the road. My head was throbbing, got to the place and it all took a while. In the meantime my face is a lather of sweat, coat off, coat back on, off, on. I was wondering how the hell was I going to get home from the middle of the city with what felt like a part time migraine. I made it to a chemist and got some vicks to clear my sinuses and one of those little roll on your temple phials which has a strong vapour for headaches. I felt vaguely better and made the hours trip home on the train. NOW this is the good bit. I got home walked up the stairs.... NO PAIN. Had a rest, walked down the stairs like a spring chicken. Toss and turn all night, no back pain. I wondered how long this would last. It's been one week and it's still all holding out. There's no way I would spend that much money for a  massage etc, but if you have a friend or partner that can give a massage, try one. I do know that the Cancer therapy centre I go to has oncology massages which are subsidised, maybe you might have the same in your areas. 

Comments

• kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    Ok @Blondy,

I'm booking today! Hah.  I've been trying to get a massage from hubby for 6 mths. Unfortunately he only has one arm that works at the moment (booked for shoulder recon next friday). Least that's his excuse anyway. LOL. I have constant lower back and left hip pain.  Makes getting out of bed interesting when that hip locks up. :)
  • Blondy
    Options
    @kezmusc I'm sure his shoulder will require physio when done. I've heard that giving massages works wonders. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    That's wonderful @Blondy! If you have extras private health insurance remedial massage is often covered. You can get a bit of money back on the price.

I love massages. I attended an Australia's Biggest Morning Tea at my GP's surgery on Tuesday. I was sitting next to my doctor when she won a massage package for two in the raffle, and she promptly gave it to me as neither she nor her husband like massages! I'm happy to say she went on to win a bottle of wine and a Bunnings voucher so we both went home happy!
  • Blondy
    Options
    @kmakm aren't we lucky to know people who hate massages. That's how I got mine too. I've just changed health funds, back to my old one. Big mistake leaving os I was on a real good deal that is no obsolete but would have continued for me.I had a choice of four extras and didn't pick the massage. Luckily my husband is a personal trainer plus a lot younger than me so he can do the massage. and I chose the podiatry as I go every month. I hope you have a wUndeful massage when the time comes. You deserve it. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Thank you @Blondy, can't wait!