• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Bon appetit!
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I saw my BS yesterday for my six monthly check up. All good I'm happy to say. I wasn't worried but it's such a relief to hear those words. I get so anxious sitting in that waiting room. My stomach plummets when I his voice and the voice of my breast care nurse. It's ridiculous! The moment I go in I'm fine. It's the wretched bloody waiting...

Anyway I mentioned my nagging rib pain, and blow me down but he offered me a CT and bone scan! You could have pushed me off the chair with a feather. He's very conservative with doling out these things. He said he realised the stakes were high and that my peace of mind was worth a tiny bit of radiation. He also said once you have cancer you'll never not worry. I felt very 'heard' for the first time in a long while. After a bit of hesitation I agreed and so next Tuesday I'll have my first ever CT and bone scan.

Neither of us think it will be anything sinister, but it will be good to have it officially ruled out. I would like to find out what the pain is so I can make it stop...
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Options
    That's all good news, @kmakm. I think the best bit was that you felt "heard". I still find it the hardest thing in all this, and often feel that my surgeon is the one person who truly 'hears" me.

Having said that, my Med onc sent me for a brain CT very quickly this year, too, so really can't complain. He's great too
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Glad to hear it @kmakm.