Happy Birthday

Options
pennyb
pennyb Member Posts: 176
edited October 2011 in Day to day
  • Well it's my 45th birthday and I'm waiting for my surgeon to call with my  pathology results. I had my surgery on Friday lumpectomy with an axilla dissection. 
  • I had 2 tumors removed from my right breast, 1 was 8mm the other 14mm 
  • Sometimes I am brave but sometimes I am petrified as to what I am in for. 

Comments

• Smiley_30
    Smiley_30 Member Posts: 83
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Penny,
    Happy Birthday!
    I hope you have been able to have a nice birthday. I know it's hard trying to enjoy your day while waiting results ( I know that was the hardest part for me).
    This journey is a roller coaster ride, but just take each day as it comes, and you will know what/when is right for you...
    Take care,
    Xx
    Soly
  • Chris
    Chris Member Posts: 813
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Penny,
    I'm sure you could think of dozens of better ways to celebrate your birthday. Waiting for results, would be on the bottom of everyones' list. I do wish you happiness today on your birthday, and hope for good news when your results are known. You are beginning a journey, that we have all travelled, and therefore can really understand what you and your family are going through. Please feel free to vent here on this site. You will receive alot of support and understanding.
    Love Chris xx
  • Chris
    Chris Member Posts: 813
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Penny,
    I'm sure you could think of dozens of better ways to celebrate your birthday. Waiting for results, would be on the bottom of everyones' list. I do wish you happiness today on your birthday, and hope for good news when your results are known. You are beginning a journey, that we have all travelled, and therefore can really understand what you and your family are going through. Please feel free to vent here on this site. You will receive alot of support and understanding.
    Love Chris xx
  • TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

I hope your day was good despite the little black cloud hanging over your head. The waiting is a terrible part of this bc ride but once you have your pathology results you'll have a plan and you'll feel abit more in control.We have all walked your path so come on here and blog-you won't feel so alone or scared.

Tonya xx

• jo1234
    jo1234 Member Posts: 291
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Penny,  Hope you had a good Birthday despite waiting for those dreaded results. It is probably one of the worst things you have to do in this journey and unfortunately you will probably have a lot more waiting to come.   Good luck with the results and try and stay positive.   Take care

Cheers Jo xx

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Penny -- not what you'd choose for yourself on your birthday, I'm sure, but you still need some good birthday wishes, so Happy Birthday to you.  Sending best wishes for your results, too.

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Penny -- not what you'd choose for yourself on your birthday, I'm sure, but you still need some good birthday wishes, so Happy Birthday to you.  Sending best wishes for your results, too.

• pennyb
    pennyb Member Posts: 176
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for their lovely messages of support,
    My results were good, surgeon got it all, no more surgery! Now for "a bit of chemo" and radiation.
    Seeing the oncologist on Monday.
    Feeling such relief now I feel brave again!
    Much love Penny xx