Post Mastectomy Pain Syndrome

Options
2»

Comments

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    Options
    Hi EAA, glad you are getting an ultrasound- always best to rule out the big ‘C’ which haunts us forever! Can I ask if you had the second mastectomy as a preventative measure? And how do you find being flat as opposed to lopsided?(which is me)
    Tonya
  • EAA
    EAA Member Posts: 89
    Options
    Thanks Primek.
  • EAA
    Options
    Hi TonyM, Both breasts grew tumours. The first 2007, the second 2015. The first Invasive ductal with lymph node Mets the second,
    invasive lobular no Mets. Both self discovered. Because of Family History, I chose Mastectomy in both instances. Being flat has advantages ,mainly not putting on two large prosthesis.And,in hot
    weather it’s cool!  I wouldn’t recommend it!  The weight of bosoms has a purpose in keeping us from being hunched over. After, years, the area is sunken, the shoulders hunch more.. rather than being straight. A close friend
    added prophylactic mastectomy and finds the same postural changes. A qualified breast prosthesis fitting person should even the sizes. I was fitted in Canberra and was very comfortable wearing
    one prosthesis. I think you can make a government claim every two
    years for new ones. 
  • TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    Options
    Thanks EAA, I’ve been wearing a prosthesis for 9 yrs now and have gone up a few sizes despite not putting on weight elsewhere- go figure!
    I’m used to it but get abit sick of being lopsided sometimes and then I think of recon or lopping off the other one.Big decisions either way,which I’m not ready to take.It’s good to hear other ladies experiences.

• EAA
    Options
    Thanks TonyaM.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    This is driving me nutty again!