Pink meets Teal : Ovarian Cancer,let's show our support

poodlejules
poodlejules Member Posts: 393
edited May 2019 in General discussion
I was diagnosed with breast cancer almost a year to the day after a friend was diagnosed with ovarian cancer and whilst our stories are very similar,  unfortunately the funding disparity between breast cancer and ovarian cancer research is huge. So let's get behind our sisters and help raise awareness of ovarian cancer on May 8th
https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/post/w.smh.com.au/national/nsw/pink-meets-teal-time-to-raise-awareness-of-ovarian-cancer-20190503-p51jmt.html?fbclid=IwAR1nSeh5Q_xe4ozxqh6YSY8X0Lx-IA8Ddhe0-iqKjHj5pOPsvSzDyGOght8
The Pink Meets Teal campaign – pink is the colour associated with breast cancer while teal symbolises ovarian – is calling on all women, especially breast cancer survivors, to lend a hand to those with ovarian cancer.
ABC broadcaster Jill Emberson shares her story as an advocate for more funding for ovarian cancer in the above link. (which doesn't seem to working yet, may need BCNA admin permission?)
Tagged:

Comments

• poodlejules
    Yes that's it Riki, thanks, don't know what went wrong  :D
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    I couldn't agree more. 
    I remember going on a "Casting for Recovery" fly fishing weekend retreat 6 months after finishing treatment, which I thoroughly enjoyed, and made a coyple of lifelong friends at, but all weekend,  and ever since, I've felt it was so wrong that this was just aimed at women who had had breast cancer. Everyone who has had any form of cancer needs and deserves that level of support. 

It's also one of the reasons I've gone down the route of lymphoedema support, rather than getting involved in any of the local bc supports.

What can we do to help, please?? 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    edited May 2019
    I applaud the sentiment and request but not sure of the mechanics around giving the support...petition, letters...  Or did I miss something in my reading at 5am?
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    I googled and it seems to be Facebook led in Newcastle. I am not on FB and don't live in Newcastle. Is there a contribution page that I can access somewhere?
  • poodlejules
    edited May 2019
    Thanks everyone, here's the Ovarian Cancer Australia link where you can donate  :)
    https://ovariancancer.net.au/