Inspirational words...

Options
Celbird
Celbird Member Posts: 680
edited October 2011 in Day to day

"What are my chances? It was a question I would repeat over and over. But it was irrelevant, wasn't it? It didn't matter, because the medical odds don't take into account the unfathomable. There is no proper way to estimate somebody's chances, and we shouldn't try, because we can never be entirely right, and it deprives people of hope. Hope that is the only antidote to fear". Lance Armstrong 2002.

Comments

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

Must write that down-very true.He is very inspiring to have had cancer and then win tour de France.I love to read inspirational stories cos it gives us hope.

Tonya xx

• MandaMoo
    MandaMoo Member Posts: 500
    edited March 2015
    Options

If children have the ability to ignore all odds and percentages, then maybe we can all learn from them. When you think about it, what other choice is there but to hope? We have two options, medically and emotionally: give up, or fight like hell. 
    ~Lance Armstrong

Another one I heard recently was "don't hope - do" - I have changed it for me to be "Don't just hope - do".

I have never asked - how long?  "they" don't know - why be limited by the thoughts, perceptions and boundaries of others?  

You go girl!

Amanda x

• jo1234
    jo1234 Member Posts: 291
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yes I'm with you guys, i love  inspiring stories and  also songs. Yes all we really have is our own Hope, strength and beliefs  and if this is taken away then things are difficult.

I  came across Fran Peatt  Blog from yesterday  reminding me of a beautiful inspiring song "When you believe by Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey" the words are just so right...... Its a really beautiful song.                                 It's been out for years so have a listen to the words on you tube. (Copy and paste address)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh3uuLHoXJA&feature=related

Cheers Joxx