Last chemo over - whoopee!

w_w_w_dette
w_w_w_dette Member Posts: 156
edited November 2011 in General discussion

Hi all you lovely ladies

I know I haven't been very active lately but just had to let you all know that my final chemo (Taxotere) went ahead to day as planned and all's good so far - the dex certainly helps!! Have had a little celebration shop this afternoon and will wait till this time next week (if I pick up at same rate as last time) when can celebrate with a wine or few!

I hope you are all travelling as well as possible and I do think of you and read your blogs often.

Take care all, Dette xxoo

Comments

• Julia44
    Julia44 Member Posts: 361
    edited March 2015

Congratulations a good milestone!   My last one is 1st Dec - looking forward to it.

Julia

• Julia44
    Julia44 Member Posts: 361
    edited March 2015

Congratulations a good milestone!   My last one is 1st Dec - looking forward to it.

Julia

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015

In a few weeks time you'll feel much better and will be able to get on with life.

Tonya xx

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015

Hey Dette -- congratulations, that's a big milestone to get past.  Hope you enjoyed the celebration. :)

• Deeay
    Deeay Member Posts: 278
    edited March 2015
    Mine was on Wednesday. Cant wait to start feeling better, not to mention getting my hair back!
  • w_w_w_dette
    edited March 2015

Thanks ladies and congrats Deeay! Am doing okay so far although have napped most of the day today!! Did manage a short walk and have lovely visitors arriving soon so that will boost the energy (even if temporarily!). Hopefully only a couple of days before I start to have a bit of energy.

Take care all, Dette xxxooo

• w_w_w_dette
    edited March 2015

Thanks ladies and congrats Deeay! Am doing okay so far although have napped most of the day today!! Did manage a short walk and have lovely visitors arriving soon so that will boost the energy (even if temporarily!). Hopefully only a couple of days before I start to have a bit of energy.

Take care all, Dette xxxooo

• Al
    Al Member Posts: 325
    edited March 2015

What great news, Dette!  I'm now half way through having started my taxol/herceptin combo on Friday. I have 11 more to go ( weekly) before my chemo is finished. Can't wait then radio follows!

Love to be in your shoes but I know the time will fly. I'm still working 3 days a week which is tiring but it keeps me sane and busy.

Take care and keep us all posted,

Thinking of you as you embark on the next phase of your recovery,

Alison xxx