Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Kisqali

13»

Comments

• Glynnis
    Glynnis Member Posts: 353
    @Glescagirl Thankyou yes have sorted it out, local chemist now gettting it in for me, as soon as I started my off week I rang and ordered next one to make sure it’s here when I need it. Hope your go8ng well 😃
  • Glescagirl
    Glescagirl Member Posts: 5
    That's good to hear Glynnis. I'm sure like me, things will eventually fall into place. The difficulties over things like this just add to the stress you feel at the beginning. It can seem overwhelming. I've become quite blase now that it's six months since I started the treatment. I have had only minimal side effects, and no longer panic if my Neutrophils fall. It seems to happen about every second cycle, and I just have another week off the pills, then a further blood test. I'm 75 years old, a widow, and live alone, I do Yoga twice a week,  I'm a volunteer tutor teaching adult migrant English two days a week, and lead a busy social life, so I consider that in the scheme of things, life is still good for me. I hope you will also find things are not too difficult to handle. Good luck Glynnis.
  • Glynnis
    Wow @Glescagirl your one busy lady, which is great keeps your mind off other things, life is great for you and I’m happy that it is. Me I’m about to return to work next week all going well, see my oncologist on Tuesday bloods and ecg on Monday so as long as there ok I’m back to it, I’m 60, live in Melbourne, love sewing and quilting, have 2 gorgeous little grandsons, been off work since January so looking forward to getting back at it, enjoy your weekend lovely chatting with you 😃😃
  • jena
    jena Member Posts: 81
    Hi @Glynnis. I live in a little town in Northern NSW and have no trouble at all getting Kisqali. I also use the medadvisor app and order the week before I need it, just to be certain - it usually only takes a couple of days to arrive. 
    We do have a super friendly, efficient pharmacy. Nothing is too big an ask, so I’m lucky. 
    Good luck. I hope Kisqali is as good for you as it is for me. I was on chemo for 18 months after I was diagnosed with Mets   I was pretty wasted by the end of it all. Had a month off and started Kisqali. My quality of life soon began to improve. It is so good not having to go to chemo every week - a 180km return trip. 
  • Glynnis
    Hi Jena yes I now am getting it at my local chemist, I just order it on the 21st day so that it makes sure that it’s there when I need it. Glad your chemo has finished and your doing so much better on the Kisqali. I was going good on it till this week when got sore throat and cold symptons, ☹️ still taking the Kisqali and see my onc next week so will see what she says about it from my blood test 😃