Thank you and Hello

Options
13»

Comments

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Sounds like same cancer and same regime as me @Scoops (or have I already said that before - who knows with my memory).  I didn't go from hospital to gym but did exercise through most of chemo at the Calvary Rehabilitation Centre (?) in Walkerville.  They have a session specifically for bc rehab that runs a few days a week - I think it was called something like "Reconditioning Oncology Program".
  • Scoops
    Scoops Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks @Sister - I’ll check it out tomorrow. I’d hoped that I could convince my local gym to adopt a program but they don’t have the physio expertise  - they have personal trainers and exercise physiologists. 
    Thanks for the info 👍
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    There is a mob called inForm in the Eastern suburbs.  Not sure what they're like.
  • youngdogmum
    youngdogmum Member Posts: 250
    Options
    Hi @Scoops
    Ive been advised to start chemo ASAP once my fertility stuff is done. two weeks from today should be my start date.
    I am doing 4 x AC biweekly and 4x taxol biweekly 
    I also have stage 2 with one very small bit in a lymph node (all removed).

I hear exercise during is really good and the more we can tolerate the worse for the cancer! As in apparently it hates us exercising and starts to freak out and then responds better to the chemo. 
    My onc said go for however much I feel I can tolerate. 

My radiation isn’t yet decided but probable, my posterior margin was clear but very close. Plus given my age I don’t think they will give me the choice of saying no to be honest!!

Good luck :) keep in touch 
  • Scoops
    Scoops Member Posts: 14
    Options
    At least you have a plan now and great to hear about the positivity around exercise. Have you decided to use a port ?