Hello ladies

Options
Karen10
Karen10 Member Posts: 40
edited October 2011 in Day to day

I just wanted to introduce myself.  My name is Karen, 55yrs old and I live in the Western Suburbs.  Fortunately I have finished treatment.  I was diagnosed with BC October 28th last year.  This year has definately been full on, with surgery, chemo and radiotherapy. All the aches and pains from treatment  I thought would be gone by now as it is has been nearly 4 months.  I am looking forward to going to the BCNA forum at the wine centre in November.   Karen x

Comments

• JENNIFERJ
    JENNIFERJ Member Posts: 37
    edited March 2015
    Options

I Karen, I don't no if you got my message the first night I joined but I'll do it again.  My name is Jenny and I live at Dudley Park, I am also 55 and diagnosed with Lobular cancer in June this year.  I have had mastectomy, 5 rounds of chemo and start radio in December. I have taken time off work I have good days and not so good days as you would also. I would like to have some face to face contact as the support group I have been to has not worked out with times for chemo etc., I also found the women seem to be a long time down the track with their cancer which is great but not what I need at the minute. I have thought maybe picking a coffee shop (maybe O'Connell street) or my place and see who turns up. What do you think?  Looking forward to hearing from you.  My home no is 83441062. xxxJenny

• hdubs
    hdubs Member Posts: 82
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Jenny and Karen

I live in the Highgate area and am going to the forum in November.  I would love to make contact with Adelaide ladies - it's been a lonely process.  I was diagnosed in April 2010, had a mastectomy and chemo and am now waiting for my reconstruction to be finished next weekend.

Helen.

• Getzymum
    Getzymum Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Jenny and Karen

Did the coffee get together ever happen? I would really like to get together with other B.C. ladies and meet for a chat  over coffee somewhere, I live in Ridgehaven N.E.suburbs and the city would be just fine for me. I finished my treatment December 24th 2010 so I am  61 yrs old and 1 year down the track from you, I had a lumpectomy of the right breast after diagnosis in July 2010.

Inga

• Getzymum
    Getzymum Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Jenny and Karen

Did the coffee get together ever happen? I would really like to get together with other B.C. ladies and meet for a chat  over coffee somewhere, I live in Ridgehaven N.E.suburbs and the city would be just fine for me. I finished my treatment December 24th 2010 so I am  61 yrs old and 1 year down the track from you, I had a lumpectomy of the right breast after diagnosis in July 2010.

Inga

• Karen10
    Karen10 Member Posts: 40
    edited March 2015
    Options

We are meeting this friday at The Stag Hotel 12 M.D.for lunch .  You are more than welcome too come.  I have booked extra seats just in case.  I made a booking under Karen Summers and I will be the one in the pink BCNA polo shirt and I also have white hair.   We will be meeting monthly so if you cant make it this Friday because it is short notice I will keep you informed.

Hope to see you  Friday

Karen x