Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Can medication be taken in the evening.

Options
2»

Comments

• kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    Changed Tamoxifen for a while to just before bed.  Bad move.  Woke up an hour and a half later absolutely drenched in sweat.  Disgusting, I gave that up after a week.

Mornings no good either.  Interferes too much with work and whatever else I want to get done.  So I take it at about 6.30pm wait out the three or 4 flushes that follow almost exactly one hour after and the feet tingling (why does it do that?).  By the time I go to bed I can normally sleep pretty well.
    Different drugs, different people and different reactions.  Another one of those things you just have to suck it and see.

@kmakm ,  Have you tried a cool towel?  I was given one for xmas.  You just wet them with cool/cold water, wring them out and kind of give them a snap and they cool down.  It even works with perspiration, any kind of dampness as soon as they loose their cool you just snap them again and it brings it back.  I am finding it really quite usefull and works fast. If you get a really bad flush I just wrap a bit of ice in it as well. It is called COOLFCA super cooling towel.  Cheap as.

Good luck.  xoxoxo

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @kezmusc Will track one down when I get home. Chemists?
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    Not sure, this one was from one of those specialty stands that pop up over xmas in the shopping centres.  Amazon has them or you can probably get something similar in one of the sports stores.

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @kezmusc Thanks!
  • Patti J
    Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
    Options
    Thanks for the cool towel info @kezmusc. They seem to be very popular and difficult to obtain. I managed to track one down at a pop up store in my local shopping centre. Letrozole is apparently doing its job: suppressing oestrogen! ☹
  • elisewjk
    elisewjk Member Posts: 60
    Options
    My oncologist advised to take the ribociclib in the morning (can cause issues with sleep apparently) at a regular time each day. I also read somewhere it was better to take both the letrozole and ribociclb together for greater efficacy, don't quote me on that tho :)