Little worried

Kiwi Angel
Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
edited December 2018 in General discussion
Finished all my active treatment 6 months ago and was booked in at the start of February for a 1 year anniversary CT scan. The last couple of mornings have had blood in my stool and a sore tummy - immediately brain clicks to bowel cancer. Have moved my CT to start of January and am going to inform my oncologist. Could well be something non sinister but we all think of worst case scenario now. No wonder I keep waking up at 2.30am. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I'm guessing that it could be many things that are not so serious but you're only going to focus on the worst.  I hope you're able to put it to the back of your mind a bit now that you've got an appointment to get it checked out.  Sending positive thoughts, whatever good that will do.
  • Kiwi Angel
    @Sister thanks - trying not to stress about it. xo
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    OK, you know we are going to need regular poo updates. Let's  just hope it's haemorrhoids. That's probably a new low for both of us; me wishing them on you in a kinda friendly way and you being willing to accept them as a welcome alternative to the alternative. Generally 'I hope you have piles' is a statement delivered with some degree of animosity. Who would have thought our lives would come to this :)  MXx
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 942
    Yeah...it's bloody shitty... (sorry, I couldn't help myself), but seriously, let's hope  it is something relatively harmless, such as piles or even a small rectal tear. As @Zoffiel says so truthfully, who would have thought we'd be on a public site, discussing and sharing our boobs (or lack thereof), bums and fannies...sheesh...
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Or of course it could be the result of bowel dwelling polyps - parts of our anatomy that exist purely to scare the bejeesus out of us and subject us to colonoscopies and the accompanying 24 hour purge!! And yes, perversely, you will be so grateful if that's what it is (as of course we all will be!). Best wishes.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Thanks ladies - it is amusing what our lives have come to, sharing all these crazy things about our bodily functions with people we might never meet.  Always glad of the support though - no one but the ladies on here would get the potential terror.  I'm hoping for haemorrhoids too @Zoffiel - how sad the things I aspire to have become :D.

Will keep you all poosted  :D
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    So glad you had normal session this morning @Kiwi Angel .....

Just a thought - do you regularly take aspirin or similar (as a blood thinner or prevent strokes/heart attack?)   My brother was taking them for decades & had a stomach bleed .... it also can show as either extremely dark poo (cos it has blood in it!)

Yep - I had a haemorrhoid once & rubbed it 'overly hard' with the toilet paper, popping it & making it bleed (hurt like hell for a second too!)  It never came back tho!

Fingers crossed that is it!!
  • Kiwi Angel
    @arpie just my tamoxifen, blood pressure meds and nightly dose of panadol osteo. Have been feeling irritated in that area so I’m hoping. 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    edited December 2018
    Yep, @Kiwi Angel  they can often be a tad itchy, too (hence me using toilet paper to 'scratch it'!! LOL )  

Yep - blood in your stools (and even urine) can be one of the side effects - and recommending checking with gp immediately!

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/panadol-osteo-side-effects.html

Do you take your panadol osteo wth food?  I take my tablets with food (unless otherwise specified) so there is something in the tummy as i take them - VERY important with Anti Inflammatory tablets like Ibuprofen etc - essential, actually!

• Kiwi Angel
    @arpie I normally have had food with it in the near vicinity. Good to know!!  Thanks xo
  • pammiesyd
    pammiesyd Member Posts: 69
    I also had blood in my poo in August. The GP referred me to the gastroenterologist, who did a colonoscopy. It turned out to be haemorrhoids from constipation. Thank goodness. I was also thinking the worst. 

Good luck.
    PS some cream like Anusol can help with irritation around the anal area.
  • Kiwi Angel
    @pammiesyd thanks xo
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Oh yes we all worry about every abnormal thing now. I am curious about the annual CT scan as it's not something even recommended now...usually only done now if something of concern not as routine. Since my treatment I've have abdominal US, back CT and shoulder ultrasound. ..all to ensure the pain issues were all just normal bloody aches and pains from arthritis etc...so far so good. 
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    HI @Kiwi Angel
    my fright turned out to be a few polyps ..... ever watchful now and yes we do automatically think the worse after our BC scares. 

Hugs