Grumbling is, surprisingly, a good thing

Zoffiel
Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
edited December 2018 in General discussion

The festive season is guaranteed to make me crankier than ever. So far this month I've had the shits about:

• Christmas carols and tinsel
  • The loss of another hub cap
  • The elastic in most of my favourite pairs of undies giving out. In concert.
  • Why are undies described as pairs? Another source of irritation
  • Flies, wasps, buzzy things and Huntsmen spiders that want to live inside
  • The idiot child next door who has just got his P plates and goes to work at 4.45 AM
  • Ants in the mulch heap--Jumping Jacks? Really?
  • Mystery green stuff growing in the cupboard under the sink
Oh, woe is me. But guess what? I've realized all these grumbles are about normal things that are totally unrelated to breast cancer. How cool is that? I honestly didn't think I'd live long enough to be just an average, run of the mill Grinch.
Tagged:

Comments

• Zoffiel
    I had to google dementors @kezmusc TBH the idea of a birthday party for 30 at home would make me seriously unstable without demented costumes :)
  • Zoffiel
    edited December 2018
    Plumbing is the devil's work which waits until the most inopportune moment to bugger up.
  • Zoffiel
    Holy Toledo!
  • Zoffiel
    Hah @allyjayit would also be a shame if  she encountered a dear old lady who has totally lost control of her pet, Sam, and is unable to stop said pet ramming with some vigor into her smartypanted legs. Again and again and again. Good on you. Mxx
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Wish I could have been there @AllyJay!
    @Afraser I was ranting to my kids last night about bloody Kris Kringles and Secret Santas - beloved of those who have nothing better to do.
  • Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    @kezmusc always the way!  Our last plumbing disaster happened when the wash8ng mach8ne was also out of order. Normally you’d think this wasn’t a big issue but the plumbing issue was a clogged toilet - now for some strange reason (I think ancient house plumbing we live in an Edwardian) the toilet, bath and shower share the same plumbing. Hubby thinking he is doing the right thing plunges the toilet which sends poo toilet paper and general sewerage back up the plumbing and out the shower drain hole. Being an oblivious male he doesn’t notice and continues to plunge the toilet until sewerage is coming out the shower door and flooding the bathroom. Cue towels going on the floor to slop this up and stop it from running out into the hallway. Now you can see why no washing machine is a problem. I have a vague recollection this was at the time I had the lumpectomy so I was out of action and hubby had to do all the cleanup 
  • Sister
    Can I say it?...Oh, shit!
  • Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    @kezmusc wholly moly, look at you!! You look friggin’ awesome 
  • Sister
    Amazing boots @kezmusc ...and the rest of you, of course!