Breast Cancer Rose Garden

Options
Custard
Custard Member Posts: 417
edited October 2011 in Day to day

The opening of the Launceston Breast Cancer Rose Garden went ahead on Wednesday 5 October 2011. The weather was perfect, over 60 guests attended and a choir sang " You'll Never Walk Alone" which was my choice. (It is hard to find an uplifitng, non religious and not frivolous song, girls!!)

There are 52 bushes, 46 being "Best Friend" a hot pink fragrant flower and 6 "Blue Moon" roses.

After the ceremony, which the Mayor attended and spoke at, we adjourned to have afternoon tea including hot pink macarons and pink iced patty cakes.

I wish to acknowledge the original idea came from Fiona Jones in Albury Wodonga- she told us at our Community Liaison Training last year and I thought, "Hm, good idea!".

If anyone wants to approach their local councils etc., I am happy to help them.

Comments

• pisces_tas
    pisces_tas Member Posts: 474
    edited March 2015
    Options

hi mandy,

i will check out the rose garden at the city park, next time i am in launceston.

WD, i hope it inspires many and also a place for reflection.

all the best, kathy.

• pisces_tas
    pisces_tas Member Posts: 474
    edited March 2015
    Options

hi mandy,

i will check out the rose garden at the city park, next time i am in launceston.

WD, i hope it inspires many and also a place for reflection.

all the best, kathy.

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Mandy,  Slow down but then again "if you can then why not" is my slogan of late.  Still don't have too much energy but the pains are starting to subside (or I am learning to live with them).  We are off to 1770 for 5 nights next week so I am looking forward to that.  Keep well. XLeonie  PS  I have agonised and have finally come to the conclusion that work is not for me for a while.  So I will not be returning to my job in January.