Detox and Stress

Options
Blossom1961
Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,377
edited November 2018 in Health and wellbeing
I finally found a day spa that would treat me IF I got a letter from the doctor. My Oncologist tound this funny and wrote that I was medically fit. My daughter objected to that as she says mental is part of medical. Cheeky 30yr old brat. Anyway, I had full body exfoliation, wrap and massage. Oh, it felt soooooo good. Fast forward to the next day. STRESS! I have been on a gentle detox diet for the past week so that I am fit for the mastectomy on the 27th November. I thought the day spa treatment would help. Well it did, but wow. Overdrive as it draws the toxins out. Hoping it settles down in a couple days once it deals with it. I think a gentle walk might be in order today. On the plus side, I am less fatigued today.
Tagged:

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Sounds fab! Go for the gentle walk. I reckon a gentle walk is the bees knees for many many things.

I'm a big fan of a massage. My breast care nurse did some research and found a wonderful woman for me. She was part of a clinic that while having Western trained GPs, also had some complementary/alternative medicine going on. Slightly 'woo woo' if you will! I had a massage the a few days before each chemo infusion. It was very gentle and not traditional. I don't know how she did it but I came out of those sessions feeling extraordinarily relaxed and renewed.