20th anniversary since diagnosis for Launceston support group convenor

Options
Custard
Custard Member Posts: 417
edited November 2011 in Day to day

Well at last night's regular monthly meeting we celebrated Pauline's 20th anniversary with a gift, card and cake. She has experienced two recurrences, one in her spine 18 years ago and then last year in her lung, but she has responded well to treatment and is all clear now.

Pauline offers support to many here in northern Tasmania and is the Convenor of our group.

Comments

• pisces_tas
    pisces_tas Member Posts: 474
    edited March 2015
    Options

congratulations pauline on your role as a convenor, and support to so many people over the years in and around launceston. i am sure you have touched many with your kindness and straight forward information on BC.

mandy, please let me know the date for the rose garden opening at the city park.

kathy.

• pisces_tas
    pisces_tas Member Posts: 474
    edited March 2015
    Options

congratulations pauline on your role as a convenor, and support to so many people over the years in and around launceston. i am sure you have touched many with your kindness and straight forward information on BC.

mandy, please let me know the date for the rose garden opening at the city park.

kathy.

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

That's great to hear, Mandy.  And congratulations to Pauline!  :)

• Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

That's great to hear, Mandy.  And congratulations to Pauline!  :)

• Custard
    edited March 2015
    Options

It was 5th Oct Kathy- it was on the group page- the invitation is there. Sorry you missed it but you can see the blooms soon anytime at all.

• Custard
    edited March 2015
    Options

Ta Di. We had a great garden opening too- I have sent a DVD in the mail to Lyn today so I hope you can all have a quick look (goes for under 15 mins) at my very amateurish film. Have a good weekend.

• hdubs
    hdubs Member Posts: 82
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you Mandy for posting this news about Pauline's anniversary.  It gives us all heart to hear about people who've lived for a very long time after a distant recurrence.

Helen

• Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Mandy, I'll go search it out.

(Weekend was slightly spoilt by a trip to the dentist, but otherwise fab!  Hope you had a good one, too! ;)