Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Oncology day

Options
wendy_h67
wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
edited October 2018 in Metastatic breast cancer
Just home after visiting my oncologist. Previously I had scans and a biopsy on a lump I found in my neck. My oncologist said I dont have any good news which I wasn't really expecting.  Apparently the lump was in my lymph gland and is the same type of cancer as my breast cancer. So I'm changing chemo again.  This time it will be IV Caelyx once every 4 weeks . Have to keep an eye on the lump, that it doesn't get any bigger or I may have to have radiation therapy to shrink it. I will also loose my hair again, which will be the 4th time, but that doesn't worry me any more. One good thing that she agreed with, was that I can go and see my daughter and her family in Tassie before Christmas. Can't wait for the weather to warm up a bit more down there and I will be off.
Tagged:

Comments

• LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Options
    Not the best news you want to hear @wendy_h67, but there are still options so that is good. You deserve a bloody holiday I reckon. You ladies are awesome and inspiring who have Mets and still stay active and positive. I hope your new chemo is tolerable and kicks this new lump in the butt.
    Big hug
    Lisa xo
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    That's disappointing but you are a model for everyone about taking hair loss in your stride!! Enjoy your holiday, I hope the new chemo is effective, and  that you can skip radiation. Very best wishes. 
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Crumbs! @afraser summed it up well! 
    Best wishes for new treatment and your holiday to family in Tassie
    Sending you a virtual hug x
  • Michele B
    Michele B Member Posts: 136
    Options
    So sorry you have to deal with this, hopefully new treatment will help. Good news is it is starting to warm up down here in Tassie. A holiday to see your family is something to look forward too. Take care xx
  • angg66
    angg66 Member Posts: 188
    Options
    Hi @wendy_h67. Sorry to hear your news. Just to let you know I have been on Caelyx for 4 months now & the side effects haven't been that bad! Also I have not lost my hair which is a bonus just a little thinning. I hope you have a great time in Tassie xx
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Hi @wendy_h67 sorry to hear your news, hoping that all goes well starting the caelyx.  Great to hear that you can still go to Tassie to visit your daughter.  Take care of yourself
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Bugger bugger bugger. Hoping for a speedy response to your new chemo. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Damn and blast. Hope the next lot of chemo does the job Wendy. And yes, bring on the warmer weather. Take care of yourself lovely lady. K xox
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    So sorry to hear that, Wendy. But wonderful that it's not going to prevent you from seeing your daughter.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @wendy_h67 bugger!!  Sending u big hugs. 
  • Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    Options
    @wendy_h67 you are an inspiration & my fear of radiation & separation from home for 5weeks is quickly dissipating. Take care of your amazing self xx
  • wendy55
    wendy55 Member Posts: 774
    Options
    Hi @wendy_h67,
    So very pleased to hear that you are having your holiday in Tassie, you really are amazing, 

wendy55