Happy dragon boating

Options
Leonie Moore
Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
edited September 2011 in Day to day

Well, we did it.  A group of ladies from Rocky went to Bundy for a dragonboat regatta.  We were "matched" against the Bundy Pinkies.  They won the first race, we tied the second then we won the final - by .06 second.  Oh what fun.  Today the stiffness is setting in.  Gee it was good to "get away" from bc for a couple of days.  Tomorrow is day 2 after strenuous exercise so I might be moving even a bit slower than usual. Hope everyone is coping with their treatment and after affects - there is scope for "real life"  .  XLeonie

Comments

• Ann-Marie AK
    Ann-Marie AK Member Posts: 166
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Leonie

Sounds like great fun. Good for you!

Ann-Marie xx

• Ann-Marie AK
    Ann-Marie AK Member Posts: 166
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Leonie

Sounds like great fun. Good for you!

Ann-Marie xx

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

It's not so bad being sore after doing something fun.My prescription is a warm epsom salts bath followed by a rub with pain away cream and then a glass of something naughty or panadol and hot milo if you are behaving.

Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

It's not so bad being sore after doing something fun.My prescription is a warm epsom salts bath followed by a rub with pain away cream and then a glass of something naughty or panadol and hot milo if you are behaving.

Tonya xx

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

If any of you get a chance even to sit in a dragonboat and have a little paddle - so for it.  I have loved it from the start and going in a regatta and competing is the best.   The races were only 250 metres but it was a race and full on so all effort was needed.  When I thought I was going to "bust"  with the pain of trying to get to the end of each race what kept me going was "If I can go through chemo for three months and then put up with the after affects for how ever long - I can do this".  I will definately be looking to go to more regattas - bit like having a baby when the pain is over we tend to forget about it and go back again!!! XLeonie

• Smiley_30
    Smiley_30 Member Posts: 83
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Well said Leonie!! I look forward to sharing my experiences with u too
    Xx
  • Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Aww, good for you Leonie!   Gold medal for you!

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Aww, good for you Leonie!   Gold medal for you!

• Liz24
    Liz24 Member Posts: 48
    edited March 2015
    Options

Sounds like fun, Leonie! Would like to try it one day. :)

• kay
    kay Member Posts: 73
    edited March 2015
    Options

Congratulations to you and your team. That's great.

Kay