No Bra, No Problem! But....

Options
nikov
nikov Member Posts: 81
Okay, now that I have you attention. I need some advice! I've posted this question in a few places so I thought I'd also try my luck here. Before my double mastectomy, I LIVED in my sports bras as I used to keep quite fit. Since my diagnosis and treatment etc I stopped working out. A number of factors played into this but now I'm really keen on getting fit again...except now, I have tissue expanders. I don't wear a bra daily as I don't really see any need to and I never really liked wearing them but if I'm going to build up to the intense workouts I used to do, will I need a bra? What kind of bra do I wear? Will I need to buy another one after my exchange surgery? Any advice would be really helpful :) 

Comments

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    I wear a bra as I prefer my shape with it. But for workouts I now just wear a sports crop bra which is enough. I'm just more comfortable in one but there probably isnt any real  need unless lots of running. 
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    I second the sports/ah bra - I wouldn’t wear anything else but I whilst I exercise daily I don’t run. Someone else has asked something similar in past few weeks maybe try a search of the blog.
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    @Snoopy_tj on 5/8 raised this maybe she can help ?
  • Snoopy_tj
    Snoopy_tj Member Posts: 11
    Options
    I am a runner and very keen to get back into it post surgery. Counting down another 3-5 weeks as I am three weeks post surgery bilateral with implants.

My breast surgeon said that I will need a very supportive sports bra to get back into it.

I read a blog of a runner in the US who had similar surgery and she said that she found Shefit sports bras to be the best.

https://shefit.com/

The closest outlet I have found to buy one is NZ

https://www.sportsbra.co.nz/

Hope that helps!