You're giving up that ?????

Options

Comments

• kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options

The only thing I have changed is I buy meat and milk that has no added hormones.  Why?  Because I believe that eating stuff that has grown up with ER, PR and TE pumped into it sounds like might be a bit suspect.  That's not based on anything but a hunch and knowing a few farmers around the place.
     Apart from that nothing has changed.  If I want wine, I drink it (or whatever else I can find in the cupboard LOL). 
      If I want chocolate and netflix I do that too.  I've lost 8 kgs for some unknown reason (I think its the HT but my doctor doesn't) I don't go to the gym but I am active.

Hugs to all
    xoxoxo

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Quality control is very important @AllyJay. What if the sherry was off?!

I LOVE chocolate covered sultanas! One of my all time favourites.
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    Options
    Cut back red meat changed to decaf but have real coffee on weekends not as many lollies
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Ok thanks ladies for all your ideas!  pretty sure I like @kezmusc 's diet wine & chocolate !! 
    I will take all ideas onboard !
    My plan- stop working for a while ,exercise & manage my diet , need to cut out sugar especially .
    I will execute my plan slowly to see what works .

Shitty day today as we have had it confirmed that my dads cancer has now become palliative ! :'(

So hard to digest this news even though I thought it was coming :'(
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I'm so very sorry to hear that @tigerbeth. Thoughts with you.
  • Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    Options
    @tigerbeth I’m lost for words. Big hug xo
  • tigerbeth
    Options
    Thanks@sister & @JenniA <3
  • kmakm
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Oh Beth, that's rotten. I'm so sorry. Let me know when you fancy a catch-up. Walk and a coffee? K xox
  • lgray3911
    lgray3911 Member Posts: 207
    Options
    The only thing that I have tried to cut out completely is oncology appointments and anymore treatment!!!! I was fit and healthy before I got cancer. Don’t like sweet things so very little sugar in my diet, am a savoury chick. Am a binge drinker so won’t drink all week but will have a binge one night of the wknd but not every wknd. I don’t really believe that food, drink or lifestyle gave me cancer. Cancer gave me cancer and now it’s gone and I have have done everything medically possible to treat mine and hopefully it won’t return. In the meantime I am doing my best to enjoy my life with my husband and 2 young boys and if that involves a steak and some nice red or a barrel of Brie with crackers well so be it! Life is all about moderation. Good luck! Xx
  • lgray3911
    lgray3911 Member Posts: 207
    Options
    Am so sorry to read about your Dad. Sending big love xxx
  • kmakm
    Options
    @lgray3911 Barrel of brie... mmmmm...
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @tigerbeth so sorry about your dad - sending u the hugest hugs xoxoox. 

I have been vegan for a couple of years on and off and have always been very fit and don’t lots of exercise   Have also on the other side of the spectrum enjoyed some typical occasional vices. I haven’t really changed anything post cancer diagnosis/treatment - I’m kind of currently going through a “life’s too short” phase. 
  • tigerbeth
    Options
    Thanks @Igray3911@Kiwi Angel&
    @kmakm
    Thanks for the hugs So very hard too handle this too.
    Kate would love a catch up , not sure when but I'll be in touch xxx
  • Ellamary98
    Ellamary98 Member Posts: 157
    Options
    @lgray3911 Brie gives me a tummy ache, but by God I love it! 

I don't believe that specific foods create cancer either, but the science tells us that cancer cells thrive in particular environments, so it makes sense that we want to adjust this where we can after treatment. Whilst the aim of chemo, radiation and surgery is to eliminate the tumour and residual cancer cells in the body, there is a good chance that some small amounts survive the blast and are looking for a home. Diet and exercise are no longer just about being healthy and looking good, but also about preventing the growth of cancer cells which may remain, much like the hormonal meds do, and improving our immune systems where possible.

All power to those who choose to carry on their lives as before- I just wanted to clarify that we are not talking about cancer-causing theories. I also wish that I had paid more heed to this earlier.

As well as dropping the booze, I now definitely avoid foods with hormone added, such as manufactured meats and pork, full cream milk products and soy. I keep up the exercise intensity, to maximise the effectiveness of my meds, and take a good vitamin D supplement. Oh, and I eat plenty of dark chocolate- essential for healthy living. ;)
  • Ellamary98
    Ellamary98 Member Posts: 157
    Options
    Love to you @tigerbeth. That is so tough. :(  xx