Bye bye portacath

Options
lgray3911
lgray3911 Member Posts: 207
Hi everyone this is Cath. Cath has been in my life for 16 months. I didn’t like her when we first met, she really got under my skin but after a while she grew on me and I became quite attached to her haha! Today she left! Well she was evicted. Wooooohhhhhhoooo!!! Bye bye Cath thanks for helping to save my life xxx

Comments

• Polly Rose
    Polly Rose Member Posts: 67
    Options
    Very cleverly written. Thanks for the laugh.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
     :D Very funny! Happy day. K xox 
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    Options
    Happy days, I agree, they are fantastic, but was glad when mine left too!
    paula xx
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Good for you! Bye bye Cath.
  • Vangirl
    Vangirl Member Posts: 350
    Options
    @lgray3911 was it much of a deal to have it out? Any sedation or just a local?
  • lgray3911
    lgray3911 Member Posts: 207
    Options
    @Vangirl was so easy! Checked in was taken in. Local anaesthetic administered and was all done and dusted in about 20 mins. Was able to go straight home had 2 panadol and have had nothing since. A bit tender today but no pain xx
  • Vangirl
    Vangirl Member Posts: 350
    Options
    @lgray3911 thanks! Better out than in eh? Will ask the oncologist to book me in for a removal next week.
  • Sanra
    Sanra Member Posts: 18
    Options
    Congrats, you had a very nice ‘cath’
    i just had 2 weeks in hospital after ‘emerengcy surgery’, then another cut a week later to remove my little hitchiker due to infection trying to get into my blood. Now recovery with two huge holes in my chest ( wont share photos) lol yukko
    My  Cath & I had some serious words on her behaviour, she is now been banned from returning to this establishment. But I must say her bro, picc, wasnt as nice as her. Lol

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Eeehah. Bye bye.
  • Twiggyjumps
    Twiggyjumps Member Posts: 116
    Options
    Well done!  I said bye to mine to back in March.  I rolled the scar area with Bepanthen scar heeling cream and the bottle has a small prickly like ball to smooth out the lumpy skin.  Worked well but needs a little pressure. No thinking of some Dermal filling for it
  • Kkbbth
    Kkbbth Member Posts: 5
    Options
    I’m getting one of these tmr... this was a perfect read for me ha ha love it! 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Good luck @Kkbbth! K xox