My tips after having 12 months of treatments !

Wren20
Wren20 Member Posts: 30
May I offer a few little tips, a few things that I did while having two surgeries, 16 rounds of chemo, 30 rounds of radiology.  Magnesium & bark, turmeric, hair/nails/skin, probiotic ... all purchased from my local health food store.  My hair fell out everywhere..head, eyelashes, eyebrows, pubes ! , all my nails split really badly & low down on each side, my toenails too were affected a bit.  But I FIRMLY believe that having those ‘vitamin’ supplements, plus juices each day, got me through the past year.  My hair is growing, my nails are great.  I still have numbness in my hands and feet, due to Taxol, but that too is improving.  I guess that I am just trying to offer support, esp to those who are embarking on treatments, who may not know what to expect, as I didn’t, even though I read everything I was given, library books, internet...there are just a few things I didn’t expect.  Of course, check with your treatment team before taking any tablets of any kind.

Comments

• Wren20
    Oh! I forgot to mention the mouth ulcers.....how could I forget those !

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Thanks @wren20.  At the end of chemo treatment and my nails have suddenly decided they've had enough and my skin has aged about 10 years!
  • Wren20
    Hello Sister.  Glad to near that you are at the end of your chemo treatments.  I too feel that. My skin has aged, especially the skin on my hands.....why ?!  I began using organic skin care for my face and I think it has actually improved my skin there !  All that lack of sleep early on with the chemo I was having may not have helped my skin.  A friend who had BC told me very early on to drink HEAPS of water.

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    I went on a simple multivitamin and my white hair regrowth suddenly got colour again and my nails stops breaking. My diet was already hood but I think we are quite depleted following treatment.