Consumer opportunity with Breast Care Nurse Network, Brisbane

Options
j9k
j9k Member Posts: 98
 If you are in Brisbane and have been a BC patient in a public hospital, here is an opportunity. Health Consumers Queensland is the peak body for consumer engagement in Qld. I didn't know how to copy this so the links would work so you'll need to go to the website - hcq.org.au - to access the links for Expression of Interest or phone them. @onemargie I thought I remember you were from Brisbane if you or someone you know might be interested? 
  • PHONE:- 07 3012 9090
News & events

13 July 2018

BREAST CARE NURSE NETWORK

Closing date: 30 August 2018

The Healthcare Improvement Unit is seeking a consumer to join the Breast Care Nurse Network to support and optimise services for Breast Cancer patients in public hospitals.

HEALTHCARE IMPROVEMENT UNIT, CLINICAL EXCELLENCE DIVISION

The Healthcare Improvement Unit (HIU) works collaboratively with Hospital and Health Services (HHSs) to improve access to hospital services and optimise the capacity and efficiency of Queensland public hospitals through patient flow initiatives, clinical pathways development and implementation, clinician engagement and health technology assessment.

HIU have established and maintained strong relationships with clinicians and health service managers to advocate for local services, secure funding, develop policy, and promote the implementation of effective strategies across Queensland, enabling local services to improve access and deliver better outcomes for their communities.

PURPOSE OF THE BREAST CARE NURSE NETWORK

Breast care nurses are essential to improving outcomes for people diagnosed with breast cancer by acting as patient advocates, coordinating care, and ensuring patients’ physical, psychological and emotional needs are met. The Breast Care Nurse Network was established by HIU to enable Breast Care Nurses from across Queensland’s public hospitals to share and collaborate, with the goal of optimising care through consistent and equitable access to information and support services for breast cancer patients. Read more >

The Network will be looking at breast cancer care support services, including patient educational materials specifically relating to breast reconstruction surgery post-mastectomy.

The Network is to be reviewed after 2 years. Terms of Reference are available on request.

ROLE OF THE CONSUMER

The consumer representative participating in the Breast Care Nurse Network will provide valuable advice and recommendations from a consumer perspective on initiatives such as patient education materials. The consumer representative will have the opportunity to receive information, provide information and feedback to the group, and provide advice to inform solutions and decisions.

WHO IS IT FOR?

This opportunity would suit someone who has received care within the public health system for breast cancer. Whilst not limited to, the opportunity would be best suited to someone based within the Brisbane area, as travel expenses cannot be reimbursed in this instance.

TIME AND LOCATION

The Network meets quarterly from 9.00am to 3.00pm at 15 Butterfield St, Herston, with the next meeting scheduled for 24 September. This is an accessible venue.

Meetings are a combination of face-to-face and teleconference. Parking can be provided if required.

REMUNERATION AND SUPPORT

Remuneration will be provided in line with Health Consumers Queensland recommendations.

Reading materials will be provided in advance of each meeting.

HOW TO APPLY

Please complete this Expression of Interest form and return to Health Consumers Queensland via consumer@hcq.org.auFor assistance completing this Expression of Interest, please contact Health Consumers Queensland via consumer@hcq.org.au or by phone on 07 3012 9090.

For queries relating to the Breast Care Nurses Network please call Danielle on 07 3328 9926 or email Danielle.treseder@health.qld.gov.au

Applicants may be asked to attend an interview as part of the application process.

CONNECT WITH US

PROUDLY SUPPORTED BY THE QUEENSLAND GOVERNMENT

HEALTH PROMOTION CHARITY. HEALTH CONSUMERS QUEENSLAND © 2018 . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

ACCESSIBILITY | DISCLAIMER | COPYRIGHT | PRIVACY |WEBSITE BY CARLOSUS

Comments

• kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    I think I might apply for this.  Being on both sides of the fence so to speak maybe I can be helpful.  Any ideas about the application ladies?
  • j9k
    Options
     @kezmusc the people at HCQ are brilliant so you can phone to discuss it/ask questions or do the Expression of Interest online via the website. I have been a consumer rep through HCQ in another health area and they are a great support to work in a consumer role. I can't apply because I had my treatment in private hospital. You would have much to contribute. It's a good opportunity for  lived experience to inform service delivery.
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    Thanks for that.  I will give them a call.  xoxox
  • j9k
    Options
    Best of luck @kezmusc:)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2018
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2018
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    @Joannie thanks love. You’re a gem too. I’ll check it out for sure. I havent been on the forum for the past few days  Been off the grid this weekend celebrating my birthday.  A bit too much on Friday night lol !  Margie xx
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I did think of you as well @onemargie but thought you might have too much going on.  Sounds like you had a brilliant birthday celebration - go girl!

I'm not sure that I knew you were in Qld @kezmusc - but my brain is like the proverbial sieve.  I don't dare introduce anyone now 'cos I can't remember people's names.